Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

She is a very good mom. She took 3 that hatched on Tuesday. So she has 5 keets.
20200513_185738.jpg

That’s awesome! Love me a broody hen. I’ve never done Guinea Fowl before, seems like a really good idea to have them with a broody, maybe they’ll stick around?
I have some French Marana and the guineas hang around them sence they was use to them as chicks and I think because they look like a guinea they stick with them. Can't what to see how a buff Orpington does with them.

I am likely getting a few ducklings this week. All six of the incubator eggs look like they quit. Duckling misses the ducks, so I will see what happens with the broodies and their four eggs. I kinda need to figure it out Wednesday morning. That’s hatch day, and Wednesdays and Sundays are the days I can get to the feed store.

How well does it go if you wait a few days after hatch? Meaning if the girls need more babies, will they accept them if I wait until Sunday?

Is it normal that 9-week-old chicks don't like to go outside of coop? Only when I shake mealworm jar in the run, they will come out. They spend 90% time inside the coop. There are a 10' X 16' area in the run with roof, so they have enough place to hide from rain. One day it's hot in coop, they still stay there. They love fermented food, but wouldn't come to eat it if I put it in run (under roof). They even not bother the grass in the run other than pecked a few times. No digging or scratching. My last batch chciken cleaned out all the grass in a couple days. No one dust bath either. Do I have to wait until OneMountainAcres's chicks come to show them how to be a chicken? :gig

Back
Top Bottom