Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

cement like yup..... soaks daily and try those links and EPSON.... its a yeast infection!!!

Epsom salt is a naturally occurring mineral, a combination of magnesium and sulfate. It’s soothing on the skin, and so is the choice for soaking baths if a hen has a dermatological issue. Epsom salt is also used internally. It detoxifies toxins, so if your hen has ingested a dangerous plant, or consumed botulism, or gotten into a poison, an epsom salt drench is the cure. It acts as a laxative, so if your hen’s system needs flushing, or if her crop is impacted or the digestive process seems blocked, this will gently move things along. It also controls yeast infections. It’s a general cure-all, so if you’re faced with a hen that seems weak in the legs, has a sudden loss of vigor, seems sick without having respiratory symptoms, epsom salt might help. It can’t hurt.

Last edited:
That incubator is awesome!!! I looked for one like that forever! Then I just broke down and bought my Brinsea Ova Easy. They rarely come up for sale, I hope you can get it!

DH put the kabosh on my incubator plans. The thought of brooding 1200 chicks deterred him...don't know why? I may have to work on him some more!

Penta was awesome enough to be my 'wing man' and make certain I was not a CL casualty.

Okay. I have to say I absolutely love these bobwhites. They are so dogon cute, the sounds they make are fantastic, and their poop is tiny! It was supposed to be two males and six females. Than it was 7. Two males and 5 females. Got em in the dark and there are 4 males and 3 females

Oh no!

Ash, LOVE the Pips, made me smile.

Motorcycle Chick, I like the idea of lots of different colored eggs too. Wish my Marans would lay more....but LOVE the color of their eggs enough to put up with the sporadic laying. I've not noticed you asking any more questions than anyone else. I'm so very grateful to have so many knowledgable people guide me when I'm panicking. This thread is great!

Who says size matters..
funny!!, he's all Boss!,haha..gonna have to get a camera, too funny
big_smile.png

Awwww, Sally! Yer making me blush, glad I could give ya a smile. Those Brahmas are ridiculous big! When you figure out a good way to weigh them, let me know. I want weights on my Orps.

I'm STILL in Annville.

how thin is she? fluffy was sooooo boney : (

She is a tiny little girl and when picking her I could not really tell a difference but when I was feeling around to see if she was eggbound or if her abdomen was swollen, I could really feel her breast bone. I was looking at the links and it did look alot like the chickens in those pictures.

Sally, could you use Cider vinegar for intestinal issues or is that for a more specific problem?, have been reading-seems vinegar(cider), like epsoms salts, is also used for everything. Am I way-off on this thinking?..still taking notes..
big_smile.png
Yes I use ACV but have done some reading and I dont use it every day anymore, just once a week or two. Plus this didnt do ANYTHINg for fluffy.... it took the hard core epson salt and it made her poo clear that day but she got better and even started eating the next day!

Awwww, Sally! Yer making me blush, glad I could give ya a smile. Those Brahmas are ridiculous big! When you figure out a good way to weigh them, let me know. I want weights on my Orps.

I'm STILL in Annville.
My mom is from there, now they live in the mnt about a mile up from us lol

I have a postal scale I put a box on it and then zero it and weigh away... used it for puppies too!

Back
Top Bottom