Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Me !!!have had them going on 2 years now,,,started with small tubs that i would seperate,,,,then said the heck with that and dumped them all together in a tote..

Ok Wing and Fisher, what do I need to know?? Someone was selling 2000 for $30 and I thought I might give it a try. Are they really stinky??

thanks for the input on guinea hens im going to definatly get some gunna try and not let my daughter spoil them so they kiinda run wild.. i heard they roost like turkey and taste like grouse! althuogh i have a old 10x10 shed im gunna convert into a coup for them

love.gif

We had an orpington broody hatch a dozen guinea eggs for us this year. They bonded with the chickens. They REALLY bonded with the chickens. They are STILL bonded with the chickens. They don't wander. They were so noisy we couldn't stand them and now we have only 3- 2 hens and a roo. That noise is tolerable.
They are dumb. We have had one fly into the side of the house ( think cartoon SPLAT). We had one fly into the chainlink fence (obviously couldn't see the top rail like the others did.) Both are fine:)
I must say, when the whole flock is grazing, the chickens are looking around but the guinea heads are always down looking for bugs. My olny problem with them is that I thought they would wander, but they do not leave the chickens. Even though they can fly out of the pen and free range, they don't leave the chickens and will pace the outside of the fence.
We were told to cook them slowly. Haven't cooked one yet, but the others are in the freezer. Cute lil things.

Back
Top Bottom