Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I love when a guy at a gun section tries to misinform me about a gun, and I go "Actually..." The look on their faces is priceless. I LOVE it when they try to sell me a .22, .25, or a .32 and I say "Um I want something that will actually protect me. How bout that such and such .45 (or .40)?" Most of them look dumbfounded, some look like they're in love...
hide.gif

Show of hands if you've ever had a guy dump you because you prefer a higher caliber (rifle/shotgun/pistol) than he does?
frow.gif

Knitting works for me too! My parents would open meeting a new boyfriend of mine with: "You've got a one of a kind. She can clean, knit, crochet, sew, work on the car. Is a better shot than many men, fish, hunt, and clean and cook anything she kills." Usually the last bit chased most guys off, I think that was their point...
lau.gif

Thankfully it doesn't work with the fiance...
I'm sorry. whaaaa? Que es Caliber.. No habla 'gun lingo'. Yup, whoever helps me has a Long Hard road ahead of them.

Oh, and can I just say, looking VERY forward to meeting you.
Basically caliber is the size of the bullet, the higher the caliber the larger the bullet, the more powder it takes to get it out of the barrel, and the more kick it has. There are some exceptions, best examples of which are the .38 and the .357. Which are the same diameter but they have different length brass (the part that stays put when you fire), different grain (weight) and length bullet (the actual projectile), and different powder requirements. There are a lot of other factors as to how much kick it will have, a 2" barrel will have a lot more kick than a 4" barrel of the same caliber, weight of the bullet (a 115 gr 9mm will not have as much kick as a 147 gr 9mm)...
Ok I'm gonna shut up now or someone will start calling me Rita Gummer...
hide.gif

It'll have to be at a BYC gun shoot (Didn't we mention that once before?) or Knoebels since I can't make it Sat.

Last edited:
I love when a guy at a gun section tries to misinform me about a gun, and I go "Actually..." The look on their faces is priceless. I LOVE it when they try to sell me a .22, .25, or a .32 and I say "Um I want something that will actually protect me. How bout that such and such .45 (or .40)?" Most of them look dumbfounded, some look like they're in love...
hide.gif

Show of hands if you've ever had a guy dump you because you prefer a higher caliber (rifle/shotgun/pistol) than he does?
frow.gif

Knitting works for me too! My parents would open meeting a new boyfriend of mine with: "You've got a one of a kind. She can clean, knit, crochet, sew, work on the car. Is a better shot than many men, fish, hunt, and clean and cook anything she kills." Usually the last bit chased most guys off, I think that was their point...
lau.gif

Thankfully it doesn't work with the fiance...
I've learned its better for me not to date women with loaded firearms.....

Sorry I don't have baby goat pics. Just baby bumps: Sorry about first pic, Our ill mannered goat, Candy is a bit of a photo bomber~ that is her nose. I think you can still see the bump on Lily though.

This is Colash, I'm thinking one baby for Lily and 2 for Colash. DH thinks she's got at least 4 in there. Silly men. He follows up statements like that with 'wait, what are their names? which one is the boy?' ~we have no boys, but I am contemplating telling him that one of the boys is pregnant. yup, that can happen with goats.

Silly question, what are you planning for the kids?

Quote: LOL. I was planning on getting a doe eventually. We need to figure out what is going on with the house first, we may need to move for the fiance to find a job. So it's all up in the air right now. I know it'll be easier to find somewhere we can have the chickens over a goat (or other livestock) if we need to move out of state. I wouldn't mind moving if it's certain states (honestly hoping for TX or WY), but there are some I refuse to move to (I will never willing set foot in CA). Thankfully he's of the same mind set.

Back
Top Bottom