Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Swarthmore here. Bottom of the blue route. And as new to this chicken thing as you are. :)
Welcome
I have officially decided I am going to start a story thread. Experiences under the influence. LOL I was talking Wingstone down and ended up on Ebay and the world wide web myself last night. I had to call Sally for confessional this morning.
I TOLD you to lay off the OJ!
I ended up with 50 Bobwhite eggs coming
hide.gif
That's all? I'd say you wound up lucky.
Video of Sally giving me hell? It's usually over the phone otherwise she hits me...
The image of Sally standing on a chair so she can hit you on the head with a book is now in my head, thanks!
I once asked my staff if they were trying to drive me insane. Receptionist looks at me and with a completely straight face says "We'd have to throw the car in reverse to do that". Yup, thanks.
It's the image that is funny,,,,,you call her to confess then while she yells at you, you hold the phone away from your ear.........this is the image i get anyway
Nah, he just puts it down on the counter and walks away.

Now Chad you know we all love you BECAUSE your different.
So different is good?
It's the image that is funny,,,,,you call her to confess then while she yells at you, you hold the phone away from your ear.........this is the image i get anyway
I call and she starts with the "Now what did I tell you about shipped egg!?" And I kinda smirk and cringe when I call lol

Welcome
I TOLD you to lay off the OJ!
That's all? I'd say you wound up lucky.
The image of Sally standing on a chair so she can hit you on the head with a book is now in my head, thanks!
I once asked my staff if they were trying to drive me insane. Receptionist looks at me and with a completely straight face says "We'd have to throw the car in reverse to do that". Yup, thanks.
Nah, he just puts it down on the counter and walks away.
See I have 3 dz ringneck eggs coming this week too. Sooo...yeah. that's a bator full of bobs and ringnecks

I wanted to try a few pheasant this year but backed off with grandpa having all the extra people walking around,,,,don't need them asking for a permit

Hello everyone Im from NEPA. nice to see others from PA.
Welcome! and welcome to anyone I didn't say it to directly.
The last little one is out. It's almost dried off and it looks blue!!
smile.png
yay!
Yay! I'm falling in love with the blue chicks I picked up the other day. I love them all but the blues are just so neat to me.
Some might use this one! you know i could post these all day, but most of them would get me kicked off..

AND every family...

in bator now

12 dom
18 wishard bronze turkey
12 dark cornish (not expecting much from these, really shook up)
8 wellie (fingers crossed, these are old line with the dark spotted eggs)
9 brown leghorn banties
18 cot quail

in brooder now

4 bresse
5 EE

I would say this is pretty empty for me

I should also get a box from silkie this week...no clue what's in that one

don't even ask what's in the coops and pens, cause I do not know....anyone need roo's come get some...will be a couple weeks till i can process them.

Last edited:
All of my birds are completely locked down from dusk to dawn so I went with chicken wire on most of my runs & wildlife netting over the tops of the ones with fliers or babies that could be carried off by hawks. So far, so good.
fl.gif

Take the turner out at lockdown to make room for water. Babies can get stuck in the turner even if it's turned off.

She's just working the kinks out of the system. Give her a couple weeks & she will have perfect eggs.

PIX!!!!

Yep, me too!
That is great to hear! My birds would be left alone in the run for two 4 hour intervals, Monday through Friday. Good call with the netting too! How long have you had them in a chicken wire run? Was planning on burring some of the wire at least a foot out and down in case of stray dogs.

I got three new hens. One has a foamy eye, the other a runny nose. They are all sneezing, coughing, and somewhat lethargic. Don't know how I didn't notice this when I got them, but it was probably because I was running on no sleep at the time.
he.gif

Anyway, I am really hoping that they didn't infect my flock, because they were put in with them briefly, and if it is Infectious Bronchitis, then it could have just spread through the air.
barnie.gif

I have moved my flock to a new part of the yard that the hens didn't touch, and given them new everything (bowls, hay, etc), I have moved the new hens a few miles away to my grandparents' for observation (I dont wanna risk the air infection thing) and I am feeding my flock yogurt to maybe aid somehow. I am just so worried.
Is there anything else I can do, other then taking them to the vet (just walking in is like 40 dollars up here)?

ok so i guess i will be setting eggs on friday. :)

4 Isbars
2 DLBB
2 Crele Pend
2 wellsummer
2 basque
2 MF leghorns
2 cream legbars
And I am picking up a turner to use this time. Thinking that might help so i don't open the bator as much. And after this I am DONE! Till next spring anyways. :)

What is a good light to use for dark eggs? I had such a hard time candling the pend last time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom