Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I washed Sturgis in Dawn a few hours ago. No sign of flea bites on him. I am hoping it was just from laying outside (I know neighbor animals have fleas) and the Frontline just hadn't killed them yet.
I will get flea collars tomorrow if I see anymore.
I hope to find the proper way to use DE in the house. Thank you for the responses.

Please don't use flea collars. My friend worked in a vets office and seen so many pets with chemical burns from flea collars and they aren't affective. Please don't use Hartz flea products either for the same reason. She recomends the frontline and washing in lemon Dawn. That helped when my cat had fleas.

Gonna be a long night. The dogs were doing their "you don't belong here" bark and I heard something large moving just behind the house. Large enough to sound like a human moving through the woods/growth, aka VERY noisy and not the usual animal movements I hear. Shotgun and pistol are gonna be closer than normal tonight, just remounted the flashlights on them. I love how prepared my honey made sure I was before he deployed, and to think at the time I thought it was over kill.

I am about 1 and 1/2 hours from the mill. I am by Tannersville, by Camelback, the Crossings, inbetween Stroudsburgh and Mt. Pocono. We drive out to the mills because it's cheaper than TSC. Wish there was a mill closer to me, haven't found one that's less than 1 hour away. I buy alot at at time, months supply so I don't have to go every week.

Ok, I don't know why I thought you were closer. I'll send you a PM.

North central, Tioga county.

Just starting back up I used to raise quail and pheasant before I enlisted with the USAF. Now I'm back in pa after touring the rest of the country. I'm running a sportsman 1202 I bought used about 10 yrs ago and a manufactured brooder. Currently has bobwhite, red/gold pheasant, ring neck, mix chicken to include americanas, favorolles, and some sex link X's, and peafowl. I'm going to have stuff hatching from this Friday til about 12 August just about every 3-4 days something is due. I'm working with some older sex links that are nearing their time and my beautiful pr of yearling peafowl. Looking to get me kids into showing later this fall.

Gavin's decided I can name the new silkie chicks. Hehehe, so say hello to Gin (yellow/white) and Jim (chocolate). Jim is showing personality traits of a male, if Jim turns out to be a pullet her name will be Tonic.

So of all our birds I have only named the following: Jager, Jack, Jim/Tonic, Gin and Duncan. Saddest part is there are more "adult beverages" in my coop than in my house anymore...lol

Last edited:
Hatching a single chick IS bad for chicken math. Came home with a heritage RIR and a Bresse. Also found a 12 week old blue Breda pullet just wandering along the road so of course it came home too.... That's my story and I am sticking to it!!!

I like your stories, I would stick to them also...I am very happy with the bresse so far, i have lots of eggs in the bator if you should decide on a few more
Gavin's decided I can name the new silkie chicks. Hehehe, so say hello to Gin (yellow/white) and Jim (chocolate). Jim is showing personality traits of a male, if Jim turns out to be a pullet her name will be Tonic.

So of all our birds I have only named the following: Jager, Jack, Jim/Tonic, Gin and Duncan. Saddest part is there are more "adult beverages" in my coop than in my house anymore...lol
I would just need to have a yukon in there, is there a yellow one?

Gonna be a long night. The dogs were doing their "you don't belong here" bark and I heard something large moving just behind the house. Large enough to sound like a human moving through the woods/growth, aka VERY noisy and not the usual animal movements I hear. Shotgun and pistol are gonna be closer than normal tonight, just remounted the flashlights on them. I love how prepared my honey made sure I was before he deployed, and to think at the time I thought it was over kill.

When I moved in with DH, we did inventory....I told him we wouldn't have to buy ammo in my lifetime....I've since changed my mind. Of course, not sure we'll be able to afford it in my lifetime.

She is very cute!! I just picture you trying to catch this chicken on the side of the road :) and all the cars passing and the people thinking "what are they doing?".

This is a usual occurrence around my house...and I live on a 2 lane, very busy state road!

North central, Tioga county.

Just starting back up I used to raise quail and pheasant before I enlisted with the USAF. Now I'm back in pa after touring the rest of the country. I'm running a sportsman 1202 I bought used about 10 yrs ago and a manufactured brooder. Currently has bobwhite, red/gold pheasant, ring neck, mix chicken to include americanas, favorolles, and some sex link X's, and peafowl. I'm going to have stuff hatching from this Friday til about 12 August just about every 3-4 days something is due. I'm working with some older sex links that are nearing their time and my beautiful pr of yearling peafowl. Looking to get me kids into showing later this fall.

Welcome aboard!

Gibb's is on garfield rd......after I named the big pekin  Ducky all the others got names also,,there's abby and tony and gibbs........I need another female to round out the team..

You guys are SOOOO much more creative with names than I am! My named birds are: Dinner, Splash, Bleu,Wynonna (wyandotte), Duck, Drake (note only 2 out of 6 ducks named), Kellog (wellie roo), RoadRunner (brown leghorn roo) Twindiot (the other leghorn roo), Goldie (golden sebright hen) and Little Ba*stard, he rushed DH for the first time the other night....not a smart move. If he weren't a sebright roo (not that I need him, I have Dinner afterall) he'd go to freezer camp...and he still may.

Back
Top Bottom