Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

i will not sell chicks before they are hatched. however in the incubator is. black copper marans ( pure bev davis ) very dark chocolate eggs. welsummer very rich terracotta with speckles. ( barber /Nate Vanwey ) orpington blue black and splash 75% + english ( korfus ) . lavender ameraucana w/ cukoo gene, buff silkie (Catdance and Geri Godina )
also welsummer's from ( grisham/barber) these eggs are lighter in color but have more pronounced speckles. also speckled sussex and cream legbar

717-224-7322

Last edited:
I can't believe I forgot to mention this, when we were talking about what to do with extra eggs (or even ones that aren't as fresh, but have not gone bad). For those trying to figure out what to do with extra eggs they make an awesome homemade hair conditioning treatment. If you mix them with olive oil (homemade mayonnaise) it provides an even better conditioning treatment. A little bit of lemon juice or ACV added is great for dry/flaky scalps and honey helps with fragile or frizzy hair.
If you use whole eggs, or any mixture without oil, be sure to rinse with cool water (should rinse with cool water anyway, to help re-seal the hair's cuticle) or you may end up with scrambled eggs in your drain. Sorry I was just doing one of the treatments I do for my hair, and realised I hadn't seen it mentioned.

Aw crud...next thing you know there'll be chicken syndicates. I can see it now: Thug "Yous really don't wanna rent from her. Her chickens only lay every few days and hate bugs. Now da Bosses' see his girls lay everyday, and you'll never see another tick."
lau.gif

No never...
hide.gif

lau.gif
Love it!!
Yeah, but.. do they like bugs?? No matter, I will take 3 of "Da- Bosses"...
lol.png
!! and fagettaboutit!
Had a great time there last year! It took us all 3 days to get through the place, I can't imagine just going on Sat!! We are going to try and get there again this year.... Unfortunately, no Temple Grandin this year.
sad.png
Hiya Becky!!!
frow.gif
OMG!! I loved that movie!! She is an awesome woman!! Talk about over-coming some huge hurtles!!! Her mother is a huge, if not the reason why she has been able to even have a 'normal' life...so cool. Did you get to meet her? And YES, that is THE baby...hahaha- Chick-a-dee. There were 3, but unfortunately they did not make it. She is truly the spoiled child..
wink.png
....and she knows it.

I will be over in an hour to sneak 20 chickens into your yard.
hide.gif
..YOU!!- YOU just stay away!!!..
tongue.png

Some of the projects keeping us busy...

Pic of the Dawrf Peach"Red Haven" from Starks...I would recommend them to anyone! It has done so well, we ordered for next spring already...dwarf apple and cherry!!
droolin.gif
We collected stone, 'cut-out' for edging and mulched every thing.

Made the Big strawberry patch...we have a lot of 'runners' that rooted in the original area of the strawberries, we are thinking of doing another 'patch' next spring with those...The mound is higher than what it looks like in the pic...

Extended the cutting garden...will move the plants around next spring...been doing enough right now, thought we should 'save' some work for later
tongue.png

Tomatoes, cukes, green beans, zucchini & yellow squash still are coming in...I don't remember ever making so many pickles, zucchini breads and salsas...
th.gif

Just a sample of some of the goodies that will be so awesome to be eating through the winter!!

And of course the girls...Ginger doing what she does best!! Piggy...Thanks for letting me share, I believe I am done now
big_smile.png
-Danielle

Some of the projects keeping us busy... Pic of the Dawrf Peach"Red Haven" from Starks...I would recommend them to anyone! It has done so well, we ordered for next spring already...dwarf apple and cherry!!
droolin.gif
We collected stone, 'cut-out' for edging and mulched every thing. Made the Big strawberry patch...we have a lot of 'runners' that rooted in the original area of the strawberries, we are thinking of doing another 'patch' next spring with those...The mound is higher than what it looks like in the pic... Extended the cutting garden...will move the plants around next spring...been doing enough right now, thought we should 'save' some work for later
tongue.png
... Tomatoes, cukes, green beans, zucchini & yellow squash still are coming in...I don't remember ever making so many pickles, zucchini breads and salsas...
th.gif
Just a sample of some of the goodies that will be so awesome to be eating through the winter!! And of course the girls...Ginger doing what she does best!! Piggy...Thanks for letting me share, I believe I am done now
big_smile.png
-Danielle
Garden looks great!! we have a big patch of land off the side of the house & next year I want to do a big veg patch ... I just need to figure out when to plant thing up here :/ LOL

Aw crud...next thing you know there'll be chicken syndicates. I can see it now: Thug "Yous really don't wanna rent from her. Her chickens only lay every few days and hate bugs. Now da Bosses' see his girls lay everyday, and you'll never see another tick."
lau.gif

No never...
hide.gif

lau.gif
Love it!!
You talkin' to me? If you wanna get some a dem chickens in your yard, you gotta talk to me. I better not see someone elses chickens in your yard or we gonna have a problem...capisce?

Had a great time there last year! It took us all 3 days to get through the place, I can't imagine just going on Sat!! We are going to try and get there again this year.... Unfortunately, no Temple Grandin this year.
sad.png
I am going to do my best. I had no idea it was so big that it would take 3 days to get through! I will make sure I get there early and get in as much as I can. Maybe this is just a warm up for next year. I'll know what I am walking into and maybe plan a little better to spend at least a couple days. It's probably an hour drive for me so it's not like I would have to get a hotel room. The problem is dragging my 7 and 5 year olds along. I can get a babysitter for one day but 2 or 3 days is MUCH more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom