Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Like I said. Don't feel bad for letting her go. I really do get it.
I just forgot the woman's name, and I don't know how to quote from other threads. A moderator said you can tell it is Gape worm by taking a Q-tip and GENTLY swirling it in the throat, and down about an inch or so, then swirling it on the way back up. They should be on the swab, and she thinks they are red.
As far as seeing something, I have not heard of anyone saying they could see the worms. Treatment is a matter of finding the right kind of wormer. I really can't remember what kind to use. Someone should be able to tell you in the morning (I assume most people are out for the evening or in bed).
I hope your others are okay. Do what is best for YOU! If that means starting your flock over, that is what you should do.:hugs Sleep well tonight, and don't worry about it. The answers will come tomorrow.

Thank you. I do appreciate it.

Quote: She was there, we just couldn't catch them with just the 2 of us. There's really no barn to cage them in.

Quote: Yep, through the poop & mud in sandals.
roll.png

I am also wondering about Silkie----------------did she buy goats and then they got lose? is there chasing and searching going on...............or was no purchase possible and a big trip was / is potentiall not working out well.

sorry I cant help out with this-------------sending positive vibes that things work out..........whatever the problem actually is........
Did not pay for the animals, just all the gas to get there & back. It was about 13 hours total driving, plus tolls & my car is a gas hog.

Quote: We were chasing them trying to catch them & they got past a gap in the fence & ran for the hills. Couldn't find them again & the girl had to leave.

Quote: Had a lovely chat with Stake as I drove up the road on my way home. Thanks for the offer of shelter for the night. I definitely would have taken you up on it if I hadn't ended up taking a different route to avoid some of the tolls. Ended up stopping 3 times to take naps, a rest stop, a gas station & a waffle house parking lot. Got home & nothing on the "to do list" was even attempted to be done by anyone who stayed home & they had indeed made more mess instead. The kids are bad enough but the man I left in charge is even worse! Mom went on the warpath when whe got home so now they are scrambling to appease her before the scalpings begin.

Quote: The trip was fine, just took longer with stopping for naps. The goats are still there. Looking at arranging another trip around the weekend of the 20-22nd. The girl in charge of them is out of state until the 15th. She's going to try to corral them in a section of fence that is less likely to allow them to escape before the 20th so we can just load them from there. I'm willing to give free birds & goats/sheep to those who help! I have 1 volunteer so far.

Silkie if you end up staying the night let me know I can lend a hand tomorrow since I am off of work! Just let me know!!
Just got home. Stopped to sleep along the way. Headed for a nap now.

Quote: This is what I use & honestly I've never thrown any eggs out after using it.

Silkie if I don't have anything going on that weekend I can help. Are the goats in Stroudsburgh? That's close to me. I haven't looked at my September what to do/ what's going on list yet. Was consintrating on back to school week.

Silkie if I don't have anything going on that weekend I can help. Are the goats in Stroudsburgh? That's close to me. I haven't looked at my September what to do/ what's going on list yet. Was consintrating on back to school week.

It's between Stroudsburgh & Brodheadsville. I just need to locate a truck & trailer to haul them in because if I make this trip again it will be to get ALL of the sheep & goats & resell anything I don't want for me to recoup some of my losses. If anyone has a truck & trailer we can use I would be happy to pay for the gas for it's use & also give you some critters as payment as well.

Back
Top Bottom