Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Looking to see if anyone in the York/ Gettysburg area selling pullet chicks or younger pullets?
All mine currently are 3 years old. I lost one to unknown reason 6 months ago. Another one last night. I need to replace these and maybe some more.

Last edited:
Looking to see if anyone in the York/ Gettysburg area selling pullet chicks or younger pullets?
All mine currently are 3 years old. I lost one to unknown reason 6 months ago. Another one last night. I need to replace these and maybe some more.

remist:

What are you looking for and what ages...and how far do you want to travel to get them...

thanks Stake..............I heard some things similar to what you are saying about how eggs last a long long time...............more than we ever imagined!

Regarding the netting............I have thin , I think its deer netting just drapped over the top of the run. I have not secured anything down because the run is not that tall and I want to take the stuff off when I rake out the run..............it has to be easy to remove.

the netting is a bit of a hassle-----because it catches on everything like edges of hardwire cloth............but it is inexpensive and lightweight.................I am worried that the spaces where is doesn't always cover the run fully................might still allow access or

a hungry hawk could rip thru it if they wanted to................

do you really think the netting is okay?

I also have tent poles ...........taller on one side than the other that I secure a rain tarp on using the grommet openings. Of course sinces its like a lean to .........there is a big space between the tarp and the netting.................not sure if this makes sense

so do you think with the netting and then the tarp------------------its safe enough?

Lisa:

A hawk is not going to try to fight through a tarp or mesh or fence....if they see an open path to ambush a chook, they will....they may not even pounce if the chooks are aware the hawk is stalking them...I have seen this in my back yard.....every circumstance is different..but, I think you are 'covered'...maybe hang some CDs in the wind as a distraction.....my two cents.....

remist:

What are you looking for and what ages...and how far do you want to travel to get them...

I don't want to go to far to limit the stress on the animals. I really am looking for some that are calm and lay resent. I have a young daughter who goes in there alot. I have orphinton, Delaware, and austrolopes. These all have been great just getting old.

PM me with what you want & I'll see what I can do. If you want enough birds to make it worth the extra drive I'll do it since it looks like I will be driving my car tomorrow instead of my friend driving his truck. I'm leaving at 5am, so make sure to get ahold of me before then!!! Looks like I won't be bringing home as many goats as originally planned, but that's not a big deal as long as I get the ones I want.

Non-setter means that breed is not known to be very broody. It does not mean that they will never go broody, just that it is unlikely as compared to a breed that goes broody often. Just because a breed is considered a setter does not guarantee that it WILL go broody either, just that it's more likely to than a lot of breeds.

Do I have to pass by you tomorrow? And if I do, how many of these spare roos would you like delivered? LOL I just got 5 more dumped on me this afternoon. That makes 14 roos, 11 hens/pullets, 1 guinea hen & 2 guinea cocks going into that pen.
roll.png
Sorry, was at camp and missed seeing your post. You weren't going to be close to me anyway... and right now I need to sell some birds, not acquire more!

remist:

wish he was closer, I have a bunch of barnyard mix brown egg layers from 12 to 15 wks old that I will be looking to get rid of.... a bit too far though.

Last edited:
135 posts later...

Just wanted to pop on and say something. You know, something like: I'm not dead. I am sick, though. Love my seasonal colds. AS if I didn't already know it was getting cooler.
My mom got a new horse last Sunday. and I rode him yesterday. I am soooo sore. It's been over 10yrs since I rode bareback - over 3 since I rode, period (there was a good 6yr break before that). He has weird conformation and navicular and going down hill I kept sliding up his neck, so I went to get off and walk him home and I fell on my butt. Yep, I'm in pain because of that, too.

Bandit (ImaTuffJoey DeeBar):
14yr old QH Gelding

We also found out on Tuesday that my pap has kidney and lung cancer. His biopsy results won't be back until the 21st.
No one has high hopes for a good prognosis. We think he's known for a long time and just didn't want to alarm anyone.

135 posts later... Just wanted to pop on and say something. You know, something like: I'm not dead. I am sick, though. Love my seasonal colds. AS if I didn't already know it was getting cooler. My mom got a new horse last Sunday. and I rode him yesterday. I am soooo sore. It's been over 10yrs since I rode bareback - over 3 since I rode, period (there was a good 6yr break before that). He has weird conformation and navicular and going down hill I kept sliding up his neck, so I went to get off and walk him home and I fell on my butt. Yep, I'm in pain because of that, too. Bandit (ImaTuffJoey DeeBar): 14yr old QH Gelding We also found out on Tuesday that my pap has kidney and lung cancer. His biopsy results won't be back until the 21st. No one has high hopes for a good prognosis. We think he's known for a long time and just didn't want to alarm anyone.
Glad you're doing ok. Gavin and I both started with colds thanks to this weather too. Sorry to hear about your Pap. *hugs*

135 posts later... Just wanted to pop on and say something. You know, something like: I'm not dead. I am sick, though. Love my seasonal colds. AS if I didn't already know it was getting cooler. My mom got a new horse last Sunday. and I rode him yesterday. I am soooo sore. It's been over 10yrs since I rode bareback - over 3 since I rode, period (there was a good 6yr break before that). He has weird conformation and navicular and going down hill I kept sliding up his neck, so I went to get off and walk him home and I fell on my butt. Yep, I'm in pain because of that, too. Bandit (ImaTuffJoey DeeBar): 14yr old QH Gelding We also found out on Tuesday that my pap has kidney and lung cancer. His biopsy results won't be back until the 21st. No one has high hopes for a good prognosis. We think he's known for a long time and just didn't want to alarm anyone.
Beautiful Horse. So sorry about your Pap.

Back
Top Bottom