Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Are you sure that's a cockerel? At 19 weeks mine looked like: Party Popper: ETA: Sparkle, pullet: Glitter: Unless your boy is just taking his time...
He's a real slow maturer. Doesn't even crow yet. He's hatchery stock, so he has pointed hackle and saddle feathers, and curled tail feathers. I'll go take pics of him and then post them in a sec.

big_smile.png
chippy- I have the same sign!! Too cool
thumbsup.gif
*Lisa- Your birds are very pretty.I totally agree with the DOTTES!!!
love.gif
more-more-more..and yes, I see "a little" difference in your "little red hen".
wink.png

*Stake- WOW!! ..sausage...I can not let the DH see this....we were just at "harbor freight"..I told him.."merry christmas"!
roll.png

*Wing- Chocolate peanut butter BEER??
sickbyc.gif
...I don't know about that one....let us know how that goes..
pop.gif

Finally finished the "pipe-feeder"...well, we have learned a GREAT deal today...it is working, doesn't look as aesthetically pleasing as I had planned. There is some things you learn..like, angles and the larger the pipe-maybe the better, and this thing called gravity that sometimes needs help...so, it is done, it works.. but I see a new plan in the future..next spring. I am really hoping the waterer goes better...biggest lesson learned today..."dry-run" everything first before you commit to putting holes in the roof of your coop or anything else for that matter. I have alot of pics, but I am going to make an "album" so as not to thread-hog...at some point..not tonight. Don't really want to think about feeders any more..
th.gif
..it really was a great lesson though. I have honed my dremel skills!!
bun.gif
..a little peek...
How it was SUPPOSED to look like ..
hmm.png

How it ENDED UP looking like...

I guess THIS is most important thing for now...they are diggin' it.

Hope everyone had a good day and a great night...
smile.png
yeah i thin you need more of an angled lower pipe for the feed to flow easier, like this connector instead of a 90 degree
025528140304lg.jpg
. I saw some that are just 4" pipes with a sewer connection pipe on it..like this one from https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/706556/simple-pvc-feeder-pics
LL

Party Popper was hatchery, too. But your boy is a boy.

So, here's the damage from today.
First the turkey pen - I moved it every 2 days and there was a dog-loo in there.

Ignore the crap hole is is my house. It's a work in progress... 2yrs worth of work in progress.

And them my car...

They plywood flew from around the pile of chicken feed. That was the crippled girls temp pen until they go for processing this week. I put the plywood up to help hold it in place, but didn't get time to put the 2nd sheet on before I had to go potty. In just 2 short minutes, all heck broke loose and everything was destroyed. Literally - all that damage happened in that short period of time. I am glad I didn't. I could have had dead birds instead of wet birds.

I have missed about 800 posts, and I'm not reading them so hopefully I didn't miss anything to exciting. With that said, here is what's new with me!
I was hospitalized 10 out of 14 days with diverticulitis with a perforation which developed an abscess! Good times!
My broody white leghorn hatched out 4 chicks but only 3 survived. She is being a great momma too!
I lost 6 chickens to stupid neighborhood dogs. Pretty disappointed with that.
I think that's about it for now. I can't believe I haven't been on here for so long! I kinda missed you all and I have never met any of you! Lol

I have missed about 800 posts, and I'm not reading them so hopefully I didn't miss anything to exciting. With that said, here is what's new with me!
I was hospitalized 10 out of 14 days with diverticulitis with a perforation which developed an abscess! Good times!
My broody white leghorn hatched out 4 chicks but only 3 survived. She is being a great momma too!
I think that's about it for now. I can't believe I haven't been on here for so long! I kinda missed you all and I have never met any of you! Lol

Wow... you've had a rough run of it! Glad you are back and your health has (hopefully) improved! Sorry to hear about your losses to the neighbor dogs, that just sucks. Glad to hear your leghorn hatched out her brood and is into the 'mama' thing! PICS PLEASE!!! :caf

Party Popper was hatchery, too. But your boy is a boy.

So, here's the damage from today.
First the turkey pen - I moved it every 2 days and there was a dog-loo in there.

Ignore the crap hole is is my house. It's a work in progress... 2yrs worth of work in progress.

And them my car...

They plywood flew from around the pile of chicken feed. That was the crippled girls temp pen until they go for processing this week. I put the plywood up to help hold it in place, but didn't get time to put the 2nd sheet on before I had to go potty. In just 2 short minutes, all heck broke loose and everything was destroyed. Literally - all that damage happened in that short period of time. I am glad I didn't. I could have had dead birds instead of wet birds.

hey, thats my car!
lol.png

wow, thats rough, hope you're better
hugs.gif

Lisa..these are my two girls I got from Peaky Beaky. She has beautiful birds! The partridge (babs) had real nice yellow legs and her size is great. Can't beat the partridge pattern! Both girls have great attitudes and are extremely curious....The columbians are very nice too. Good luck with your search and choices....so many birds, so little time...
love.gif

Lisa..these are my two girls I got from Peaky Beaky. She has beautiful birds! The partridge (babs) had real nice yellow legs and her size is great. Can't beat the partridge pattern! Both girls have great attitudes and are extremely curious....The columbians are very nice too. Good luck with your search and choices....so many birds, so little time...
love.gif

I love your pictures of your chickens!
---------My Goldy looks like your GLW.........and I would love the partridge version too----------

Annie------I do hope you consider these beautiful birds when you get some! I love them.

MissPurdy-------thanks for your advice............I would much prefer to get new chickens from someone on here than a random mail order etc..............
Is the Partridge feather pattern what is referred to as penciled .........or is this a different pattern?

yeah i thin you need more of an angled lower pipe for the feed to flow easier, like this connector instead of a 90 degree
025528140304lg.jpg
. I saw some that are just 4" pipes with a sewer connection pipe on it..like this one from https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/706556/simple-pvc-feeder-pics
LL
big_smile.png

Thank you for the pic! That piece will work alot better than trying to get an angle on a 90 degree!! and it will look better too! Going to change things around as soon as possible, again, thank you for the help!!- Danielle

**Annie- The feathers are partridge
love.gif
...the girls are black-laced & partridge wyandottes. I got them from Peaky Beaky. She is located in Center CO.-State College area. She has beautiful birds.

Back
Top Bottom