Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I have missed about 800 posts, and I'm not reading them so hopefully I didn't miss anything to exciting. With that said, here is what's new with me!
I was hospitalized 10 out of 14 days with diverticulitis with a perforation which developed an abscess! Good times!
My broody white leghorn hatched out 4 chicks but only 3 survived. She is being a great momma too!
I lost 6 chickens to stupid neighborhood dogs. Pretty disappointed with that.
I think that's about it for now. I can't believe I haven't been on here for so long! I kinda missed you all and I have never met any of you! Lol
smile.png
Hope you are feeling better! I don't ever want to know what that had to be like
sad.png
...Glad you are back!!!
hugs.gif
....Good to hear Momma leghorn is doing well with her babies..we will just keep thinking positive for everything else!
Party Popper was hatchery, too. But your boy is a boy.

So, here's the damage from today.
First the turkey pen - I moved it every 2 days and there was a dog-loo in there.

Ignore the crap hole is is my house. It's a work in progress... 2yrs worth of work in progress.

And them my car...

They plywood flew from around the pile of chicken feed. That was the crippled girls temp pen until they go for processing this week. I put the plywood up to help hold it in place, but didn't get time to put the 2nd sheet on before I had to go potty. In just 2 short minutes, all heck broke loose and everything was destroyed. Literally - all that damage happened in that short period of time. I am glad I didn't. I could have had dead birds instead of wet birds.
hugs.gif
Oh my.. so sorry for all the mess!! Good Grief! Glad to hear you got your birds to a safe place. Hopeful all are doing well now.
Are you sure that's a cockerel? At 19 weeks mine looked like:

Party Popper:

ETA: Sparkle, pullet:

Glitter:

Unless your boy is just taking his time...

Beautiful birds!!! They look so delicate.
love.gif

0519201320silver20laced20rock.jpg
Penciling
Partridge

Just need to say the white bird atthe top is NOT my bird, but a pic on the internet.
big_smile.png
...I think penciling is supposed to be rounded-not "V" ...Not exactly sure what else...I know others here will know...sorry...still learning too
wink.png

0519201320silver20laced20rock.jpg
Penciling
Partridge

Just need to say the white bird atthe top is NOT my bird, but a pic on the internet.
big_smile.png
...I think penciling is supposed to be rounded-not "V" ...Not exactly sure what else...I know others here will know...sorry...still learning too
wink.png

I love both of them.................I do think they are very similar with the obvious exception of brown vs silver.............nice nice nice! thanks! I will have some hard choices to make this spring! I really want to raise a few chickens from the chick stage............so I will need to calculate the time of chick arrival .........and when the weather might change around here to get a guestimate about my timeline...........I then can set up my indoor brooder situation............I do have 2 house cats so I will need to figure out the logistics! Plus when the weather is more springlike -----I think an additional coop will need to be constructed . I actually saw another dresser that I could see as a bigger and better coop with minor adjustments........... not sure why I want to convert dressers.......but I seem to see "coop" potential in thrift shop or craigs list furniture posts............might be another one of those symptoms of THE illness.........you know the one we all have :)

I love both of them.................I do think they are very similar with the obvious exception of brown vs silver.............nice nice nice! thanks! I will have some hard choices to make this spring! I really want to raise a few chickens from the chick stage............so I will need to calculate the time of chick arrival .........and when the weather might change around here to get a guestimate about my timeline...........I then can set up my indoor brooder situation............I do have 2 house cats so I will need to figure out the logistics! Plus when the weather is more springlike -----I think an additional coop will need to be constructed . I actually saw another dresser that I could see as a bigger and better coop with minor adjustments........... not sure why I want to convert dressers.......but I seem to see "coop" potential in thrift shop or craigs list furniture posts............might be another one of those symptoms of THE illness.........you know the one we all have :)

I am replying to my own post!

My choice will be egg color vs feather pattern and bird personality type-----------which is more important? Egg color vs chicken type? hmmmm .........both!

hey, thats my car!
lol.png

Does yours have a white grill, too?! ;)

hugs.gif
Oh my.. so sorry for all the mess!! Good Grief! Glad to hear you got your birds to a safe place. Hopeful all are doing well now.

Beautiful birds!!! They look so delicate.
love.gif

Yep. In about 3hrs everyone was dry and warm again. The heat lamps did their jobs! I just hope there is no lasting effects (respiratory infections).
I don't have the Sebrights anymore. Those pics were back in 2010 when the chicken adventure began. I am 6 months into my 4th year and man have I learned a lot! There is still a lot more to learn, too!

Does yours have a white grill, too?! ;)

Yep. In about 3hrs everyone was dry and warm again. The heat lamps did their jobs! I just hope there is no lasting effects (respiratory infections).
I don't have the Sebrights anymore. Those pics were back in 2010 when the chicken adventure began. I am 6 months into my 4th year and man have I learned a lot! There is still a lot more to learn, too!

you know, altho in it most days, don't remember
gig.gif
heck to get old and have crs

Thanks for all the well wishes! My health isn't perfect yet but it's getting better.

I do also wish you well----------health challenges are stressful...........and tend to put all other parts of life in perspective! ...

slow and steady......one day at a time.

I just came in from TRYING to close up the coop door tonite............seems the rain has caused some of the wood to change
----warp or whatever..........cant slide my coop door closed!

Its just leaning on the opening...................does this mean some nasty predator will eat my chickens tonite...............oh no! I am gonna have to figure something out.
its rainy and 930 and dark...................crap!

what to do!

I have missed about 800 posts, and I'm not reading them so hopefully I didn't miss anything to exciting. With that said, here is what's new with me!
I was hospitalized 10 out of 14 days with diverticulitis with a perforation which developed an abscess! Good times!
My broody white leghorn hatched out 4 chicks but only 3 survived. She is being a great momma too!
I lost 6 chickens to stupid neighborhood dogs. Pretty disappointed with that.
I think that's about it for now. I can't believe I haven't been on here for so long! I kinda missed you all and I have never met any of you! Lol

Wow! That's a whole lotta crazy going on. Glad you're back and ok.

Bobbie, so sorry to hear about your pens. I was sipping hard cider at Stakes (delicious!) when the storm came through here. Had some lost birds one pretty badly injured and in the kitchen, over turned my tandem brooder, tossing out my 2 Broodys and all tier chicks! Arrrgh.

Enjoyed some amazing sausage, the boys were fighting over it! Stake, I'm going to need that recipe.

Back
Top Bottom