Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: Osteochondritis dessicans (sp?) Stage 3. Sorry to all who are sick of hearing the medical stuff, it is taking up my life right now and need to vent a bit more.

We are headed home now. They needed us out by 11 or he would have to be admitted...and apparently that is against the law or something. Still not keeping anything down, can hardly hold his head up, they slapped him in a wheel chair while he was vomiting, handed us a basin and sent us on our way.. Feeling exhausted, ****** off and beaten down. Sorry to be a bummer, I know people have it a lot worse and I should be grateful, but it is so hard to see a child struggle and be so powerless.

Good Grief! Oh Blarney will see if you gave an update on FB I am sure its been a long night... hugs girl and prayers for that handsome boy!

Lancaster, PA - We are planning on ordering hatchery choice pullet chicks from Mt. Healthy for mid-April delivery. Just checking if anyone was planning to do the same. If ordered by 2/14, a per chick discount is available. If you have fertile eggs for hatching, I may be interested in some.

[COLOR=0000FF]Osteochondritis dessicans (sp?) Stage 3. Sorry to all who are sick of hearing the medical stuff, it is taking up my life right now and need to vent a bit more.

We are headed home now. They needed us out by 11 or he would have to be admitted...and apparently that is against the law or something. Still not keeping anything down, can hardly hold his head up, they slapped him in a wheel chair while he was vomiting, handed us a basin and sent us on our way.. Feeling exhausted, ****** off and beaten down. Sorry to be a bummer, I know people have it a lot worse and I should be grateful, but it is so hard to see a child struggle and be so powerless.[/COLOR]

Vent away girl!!   That is what we are here for, and honestly, after the day you had today, I would be blowing a gasket!  So sorry he is reacting so poorly to the anesthetic.  One thing that makes my stomach feel better (once he can hold something down) was warm Jello water.  Pick his favorite flavor and mix it up about the strength you normally would. I put hot water into glass to mix it first, then enough cold water to make it comfortable to drink. 

Did they give him Zofran (Odansatron) for nausea?
THANK YOU!! He's sooooo much better this morning. They gave him a nerve block that most likely hasn't worn off yet...or maybe we're just lucky. Yes, the did give him Zofran before he went into surgery, is that what he's reacting too? Fisherlady, I'm so glad you made that comment about the anesthesia, maybe he just needed more time to get that out of his system. He's a little nauseous this morning, but much much better!

Oh Blarney!!  That's awful!    :mad:     Hang in there!!!!  :hugs  :hugs  :hugs     .....and vent all you want!!!!

x2!

Silkie, you're right, I think I do remember signing something to that effect at our pre-op appointment. So hard in the moment to make decisions and prioritize. I just wasn't thinking.

Osteochondritis dessicans (sp?) Stage 3. Sorry to all who are sick of hearing the medical stuff, it is taking up my life right now and need to vent a bit more.

We are headed home now. They needed us out by 11 or he would have to be admitted...and apparently that is against the law or something. Still not keeping anything down, can hardly hold his head up, they slapped him in a wheel chair while he was vomiting, handed us a basin and sent us on our way.. Feeling exhausted, ****** off and beaten down. Sorry to be a bummer, I know people have it a lot worse and I should be grateful, but it is so hard to see a child struggle and be so powerless.

Contact your insurance company immediately. They just broke their contract with your insurance co. They CANNOT force him out of the hospital before the end of business day. His "clock" started when the anesthesia was administered, NOT when you checked in at the hospital. I would also be contacting the hospital's medical director with a complaint. This should not happen to an adult, let alone a child.

Hoping he, and you are doing better today. And don't you dare apologize for venting! That's what friends are for!

Osteochondritis dessicans (sp?) Stage 3. Sorry to all who are sick of hearing the medical stuff, it is taking up my life right now and need to vent a bit more.

no, not sick of hearing a friend that needs help, and that's not right for them to do that, all because of insurance rules, wish I was closer to try to help out
praying

[COLOR=0000FF]Osteochondritis dessicans (sp?) Stage 3. Sorry to all who are sick of hearing the medical stuff, it is taking up my life right now and need to vent a bit more.

We are headed home now. They needed us out by 11 or he would have to be admitted...and apparently that is against the law or something. Still not keeping anything down, can hardly hold his head up, they slapped him in a wheel chair while he was vomiting, handed us a basin and sent us on our way.. Feeling exhausted, ****** off and beaten down. Sorry to be a bummer, I know people have it a lot worse and I should be grateful, but it is so hard to see a child struggle and be so powerless.[/COLOR]

Vent away girl!!   That is what we are here for, and honestly, after the day you had today, I would be blowing a gasket!  So sorry he is reacting so poorly to the anesthetic.  One thing that makes my stomach feel better (once he can hold something down) was warm Jello water.  Pick his favorite flavor and mix it up about the strength you normally would. I put hot water into glass to mix it first, then enough cold water to make it comfortable to drink. 

Did they give him Zofran (Odansatron) for nausea?
THANK YOU!! He's sooooo much better this morning. They gave him a nerve block that most likely hasn't worn off yet...or maybe we're just lucky. Yes, the did give him Zofran before he went into surgery, is that what he's reacting too? Fisherlady, I'm so glad you made that comment about the anesthesia, maybe he just needed more time to get that out of his system. He's a little nauseous this morning, but much much better!

Oh Blarney!!  That's awful!    :mad:     Hang in there!!!!  :hugs  :hugs  :hugs     .....and vent all you want!!!!

x2!

Silkie, you're right, I think I do remember signing something to that effect at our pre-op appointment. So hard in the moment to make decisions and prioritize. I just wasn't thinking.

It helps when you grow up in a family with inside info too. All I ever had to do was mention my aunt's name. If that didn't work I would threaten to call her...lol

Lancaster, PA - We are planning on ordering hatchery choice pullet chicks from Mt. Healthy for mid-April delivery.  Just checking if anyone was planning to do the same.  If ordered by 2/14, a per chick discount is available.   If you have fertile eggs for hatching, I may be interested in some.

Welcome from elsewhere in Lancaster county!
What kind are you getting and what kind breed of eggs are you looking for? Lots of people here with lots of.... Everything

images

>>>>sending to Blarney for a better day<<<<<<<

Back
Top Bottom