Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Silkie  ... for you...

birthday-pilotcat%20(1).gif

Thanks Wing.

Contact your insurance company immediately. They just broke their contract with your insurance co. They CANNOT force him out of the hospital before the end of business day. His "clock" started when the anesthesia was administered, NOT when you checked in at the hospital. I would also be contacting the hospital's medical director with a complaint. This should not happen to an adult, let alone a child.

Hoping he, and you are doing better today. And don't you dare apologize for venting! That's what friends are for!

Totally agree! I would be on the phone bending ears big time today!!

Blarney, the Zofran is intended to reduce nausea.... it's not a 100% guarantee but it does work pretty darned good in my experience (I give it on the ambulance). They most likely gave it pre-op to ward off the nausea some folks get with the anesthesia but it can be given every 4 hours, I see no reason they couldn't have used it again or given you a pill to give him at the 4 hour mark if they had kicked you out before that.

The hospital was responsible for the delay in your surgery.... THEY changed the time and pushed it back till his recovery time extended late into the night. THEY could have changed other in-patient surgeries instead which would have kept your son early enough that he wouldn't have still been sick when they booted you out the door. It is up to the hospital staff to use common sense when shuffling patients, and it needs to be in the PATIENT'S best interest, but they bow to the almighty surgeons griping and the 11 pm thing was probably more because the staff were due to change shifts or they had to have the area empty for overnight cleaning crew and they didn't want to be bothered with moving him somewhere else for observation. No matter what excuse they tried to use (blaming it on the insurance company) it wasn't the right thing to do for PT CARE!!!!!!

We decided to get "hatchery choice" pullet chicks. Mt. Healthy doesn't carry Turkens which we don't care for and we thought it would be fun to have various colors of chicks. They are brown egg layers. We are located near the MD/PA line.

We decided to get "hatchery choice" pullet chicks. Mt. Healthy doesn't carry Turkens which we don't care for and we thought it would be fun to have various colors of chicks. They are brown egg layers. We are located near the MD/PA line.
you are close by if you should decide you want other breeds...give a holler can help you find them.

I am not a fan of turkens, just something not right with them..

Thanks, I am having a hard time helping her,,,I convinced her to try growing things a couple years ago (lives in the city, and from NYC) she really has no clue, and I hate to see her give up over a few bugs....her garden space is about the size of my kitchen table so everything matters.....she wants no chemical use, she turns plastic forks upside down in the garden to keep the neighbor's cat out,,,seems to work...

he.gif
never thought of DE...that I have and will have to take her some

last year she told me her carrots never grew, just looked like some grass growing then died.....I had to tell her the carrots were underground..
I would have thought the same thing. Each year, for the past five years, I grow something new. IDK what it will look like or how it will grow (vine/bush/etc). It is always an adventure!

I really should have spelled checked that one hahahaaa
ep.gif

I havent heard of beer.....we would have alot of drunk sprays walking around or chickens hahahaa

Quote:

My coop set up is all sand floors and I have the roosts in a U shape around the back walls, this allows me to just put the hay around the outside edges under the roosts to absorb the moisture from the overnight droppings. The birds will scatter much of the hay but it is very quick and easy to just use a rake leaf to put it back in place in the evening so they can do it again the next day. Once a week I pitch out the old hay and replace it. It is only about a wheelbarrow's worth. Cleaning the sand is easy with a snow shovel we modified by cutting out most of the scoop and covering it with 1/4" hardware cloth to act as a sifter , I add in wood and coal ashes from the pot bellied stove and the birds love to dust in it most afternoons when the weather outside doesn't cooperate.

Having the sand floor means frozen poo is easy! LOL....
I had to get rid of my sand. I went away for about 4 days last Christmas, and the sand froze solid. I did my best to break it up, but by the time it was defrosted, it was just too wet and dirty. Do you never go away?

Quote: I swear they do it mostly to kids. I think it is because they assume that we can carry them around until they are alert. Andrew was only one, so he wasn't a problem.

Didn't mean anything bad by that MC....for me it is hard to believe that folks are that far removed from their food,,,,my hands have been in the dirt since I could crawl,,,,,,

but when I stop to think about it folks think I am the strange one because of these things.....learned a lesson a few years ago,,,,if you are gonna take something to work for a potluck and it does not have traditional meat in it,,,,,just keep hushed or lie and tell them it's hamburger.

I would have thought the same thing. Each year, for the past five years, I grow something new. IDK what it will look like or how it will grow (vine/bush/etc). It is always an adventure!

I had to get rid of my sand. I went away for about 4 days last Christmas, and the sand froze solid. I did my best to break it up, but by the time it was defrosted, it was just too wet and dirty. Do you never go away?

I swear they do it mostly to kids. I think it is because they assume that we can carry them around until they are alert. Andrew was only one, so he wasn't a problem.

Our coop is elevated so it doesn't get any ground moisture. The only area we ever get freezing is within a few inches of the pop door where the chickens get it damp coming in with wet feet and around the water fount if anyone splashes water. I need to get the birds a welcome mat so they can wipe their claws! LOL.
The rest of the floor is as dry as the beach on a sunny day, which is great for the birds, but does dry my sinuses out when I spend time out there with them!

What eggs would you have available the last part of March?  Would you be interested in perennials in exchange for some eggs?

I have problems, multi-colored, yellow black blue mixed, as well as Easter Eggers that breed with them, never know what you'll get. Also Swedish flower hens. By the end of march? Heck yeah, I better be hatching by then!

I would like to apologize again to anyone that is offended by this cartoon. It was meant as humor. Not a threat. I took it as "we are all cold right now. It will be nice when the temperatures are in the 70's and low 80's". If it goes into the 90's and above, I am sure we will all be complaining about the heat.
Please, PLEASE forgive me for upsetting anyone!
i myself found it humorous.. im not hurt nor upset. my point of florida is i lived near ft lauderdale for 3 years and i do not like when it is 97 and 80% humidity.

Back
Top Bottom