Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

My place is a maybe for the get together. It depends on me getting my act together a bit with some projects. (Oh wait, then it will never happen.)

Maybe we could cook a smallish pig, minus the eyeballs.

:lau I know the feeling with the projects. We have been trying to get grass to grow in our yard for years now, like the birds help. Hahaha I am determined to get it to grow this year! :bow

ALL younger animals taste better, veal, smaller lobster tails, Suckling Pigs, even the smaller shrimp are more tender then the prongs. I hate to say but like everything that gets older... it gets tuff.

As for cooking bacon, lay it flat on a cookie tray and cook it in the oven at like 250-300. Takes a little longer but the fat renders nicely and you'll always have flat bacon.

ALL younger animals taste better, veal, smaller lobster tails, Suckling Pigs, even the smaller shrimp are more tender then the prongs.  I hate to say but like everything that gets older... it gets tuff.

As for cooking bacon, lay it flat on a cookie tray and cook it in the oven at like 250-300.  Takes a little longer but the fat renders nicely and you'll always have flat bacon.

I'll have to try that...IF I ever manage to get my stove here from storage 90 miles away...grrrrr

Congrats!! Knew you could do it!!!
thumbsup.gif
highfive.gif
yesss.gif
Sally, x2!

Last edited:
Quote: Yep, 1 of the few things I cheat on & only because of the grease that never fails to jump on me & attack me!!!

Quote: Thanks!! Chris the inspector is very cool and very informative! What a blessing to have him around! I swear we could speak for hours! My first attempt was a botch, second attempt went perfectly! In between he gave us a few tips and tricks of the trade thank goodness he cared enough to take the time for that! So far the chickens are still alive anyways!! ha ha ha!

My place is a maybe for the get together. It depends on me getting my act together a bit with some projects. (Oh wait, then it will never happen.)

Maybe we could cook a smallish pig, minus the eyeballs.

Wait....whaaa? Where do the eye balls go?

Hey CATTYWUMPUS!!!! Super Deluxe Kiddo!!!
. :weee

:celebrate. :celebrate. :celebrate. :celebrate. :celebrate. :celebrate. :celebrate. :celebrate. :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom