Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Is anyone in the Cambria or Indiana counties familiar with Indiana Feed & Supply? I called and ordered pullets from them specifically because my boyfriends dad spoke very highly and has had great experiences with them plus I love supporting more local folk- they usually are more personable and have better service than the bigger chain stores do.

I'm a first timer so when I called I wasn't sure what "lingo" to use. The older gentleman on the line was definitely not nice to me. I've called quite a few times since to check on the status of my order and each time isn't any better than the last. He told me originally when I called to make the order that as soon as he gets a bunch of orders from customers that they'll call in and make orders (he implied that it would be sooner than later). That was back in the end March. I inquired beginning of April and then he said not until May, quite rudely I might add. My patience got the best of me and I ended up going to TSC that day and getting a dozen of their chicks.

That was 5 weeks ago and I've had a great experience so far. I recently realized that I never called to cancel my original order. I think I'm going to just buckle down and still get the dozen more I ordered from Indiana Feed and Supply (The thought of having more chicks is exciting!). I'm just super bummed that I haven't been treated kindly, especially since I was nothing but respectful. It kind of makes me just want to cancel my order all together and not give them my business. It sucks because I've heard such great things about them.

Anyways, end vent. Just thought I'd see if anyone else has dealt with them and if they've been treated the same way.
I'm in cambria County but have never dealt with them. I won't though after hearing your experience. I don't buy feed at any local stores but I did get 2 sets of chicks from 2 different TSC and had great experiences with them.

This weeks hatch is over and I think I have 63 chicks (they are hard to count).

Several breeds in here: Barred Hollands (black), Bredas (blue and splash), Rhodebars (chipmunks), New Hampshire (orange), Splash Ameracaunas (fluffier than the Bredas), and a mystery chick.

Super Blue Egg Layers - ended up with 30 of these, not all have spots. These seem much calmer than the other chicks, I don't know why.

Ahhah wow 63!
clap.gif
what are u gonna do with all those chicks ahah!!

Raise them up, of course. Well, not all are mine, I hatch for friends too. I will be keeping about half of them.

Ok ahah i have a question for everybody, Ok as u know today i put my 45 hen eggs in with my 3 duck eggs which have been developing nicely i want them to hatch on the same day so i decided to put the duck eggs in a week earlier, so the humidity has been around 50- 60 which i read is ok for duck eggs, but when i put my hen eggs in, i couldn't really get it down, i tried putting in less water, but that didn't work, so i thought it may be to high for them, so i was wondering is it to late to do a dry hatch, I've never done this before so if u have any ideas or tips please help thanks

We are needing some help.... Black copper Marans ... Hens or Roos.?

Chick #1

Chick #2

In the boro...I posted a couple of OE pics (marans) just a bit back...mine were 4wks...opinions were both girls and one of each...given I think you chooks are the same age,....#2 looks girlish, and #1 boyish....just my two cents....

Back
Top Bottom