Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Is anyone in the Cambria or Indiana counties familiar with Indiana Feed & Supply? I called and ordered pullets from them specifically because my boyfriends dad spoke very highly and has had great experiences with them plus I love supporting more local folk- they usually are more personable and have better service than the bigger chain stores do.

I'm a first timer so when I called I wasn't sure what "lingo" to use. The older gentleman on the line was definitely not nice to me. I've called quite a few times since to check on the status of my order and each time isn't any better than the last. He told me originally when I called to make the order that as soon as he gets a bunch of orders from customers that they'll call in and make orders (he implied that it would be sooner than later). That was back in the end March. I inquired beginning of April and then he said not until May, quite rudely I might add. My patience got the best of me and I ended up going to TSC that day and getting a dozen of their chicks.

That was 5 weeks ago and I've had a great experience so far. I recently realized that I never called to cancel my original order. I think I'm going to just buckle down and still get the dozen more I ordered from Indiana Feed and Supply (The thought of having more chicks is exciting!). I'm just super bummed that I haven't been treated kindly, especially since I was nothing but respectful. It kind of makes me just want to cancel my order all together and not give them my business. It sucks because I've heard such great things about them.

Anyways, end vent. Just thought I'd see if anyone else has dealt with them and if they've been treated the same way.
I don't know of this place, sorry it's been such a bad experience. This person answering their phone may be going through something, or could possibly be a relative that's kept on the payroll, you never know. Just a thought, not an excuse. No excuse for being rude in the service industry. We've been dealing with CHOP a lot recently and I swear they recruit their front desk staff from the DMV. I've never seen such a miserable, rude, inefficient group of people. Done ranting. How far apart in age are these chicks going to be from the chicks you already have? Will you have to brood them separately? and do you want to? Just some things to consider. I wouldn't feel bad about canceling, but if you're going to cancel, do it now so they're not stuck.

We are needing some help.... Black copper Marans ... Hens or Roos.?

Chick #1

Chick #2

Cockerel, pullet. Although the wattle on number 2 is pretty pink....ya never know.

We are needing some help.... Black copper Marans ... Hens or Roos.?

Chick #1

Chick #2

how old are they? 1 looks very much like a roo and 2 looks like it could go either way. My 6 week old black copper marans are really showing their colors. The two roos have huge red combs and Wattles and the one pullet has no pink anywhere the other has Wattles coming in and she's really shot up in size. I'm staying to wombat if she's a roo too lol. Good luck! No wonder they say that they're hard to src. They change so much as they grow.

how old are they? 1 looks very much like a roo and 2 looks like it could go either way. My 6 week old black copper marans are really showing their colors. The two roos have huge red combs and Wattles and the one pullet has no pink anywhere the other has Wattles coming in and she's really shot up in size. I'm staying to wombat if she's a roo too lol. Good luck! No wonder they say that they're hard to src. They change so much as they grow.

Not completely certain of age..maybe 5 weeks?

Is anyone in the Cambria or Indiana counties familiar with Indiana Feed & Supply? I called and ordered pullets from them specifically because my boyfriends dad spoke very highly and has had great experiences with them plus I love supporting more local folk- they usually are more personable and have better service than the bigger chain stores do.

I'm a first timer so when I called I wasn't sure what "lingo" to use. The older gentleman on the line was definitely not nice to me. I've called quite a few times since to check on the status of my order and each time isn't any better than the last. He told me originally when I called to make the order that as soon as he gets a bunch of orders from customers that they'll call in and make orders (he implied that it would be sooner than later). That was back in the end March. I inquired beginning of April and then he said not until May, quite rudely I might add. My patience got the best of me and I ended up going to TSC that day and getting a dozen of their chicks.

That was 5 weeks ago and I've had a great experience so far. I recently realized that I never called to cancel my original order. I think I'm going to just buckle down and still get the dozen more I ordered from Indiana Feed and Supply (The thought of having more chicks is exciting!). I'm just super bummed that I haven't been treated kindly, especially since I was nothing but respectful. It kind of makes me just want to cancel my order all together and not give them my business. It sucks because I've heard such great things about them.

Anyways, end vent. Just thought I'd see if anyone else has dealt with them and if they've been treated the same way.
I can certainly understand your wanting to vent! If you still want the chicks then go for it, but if you call in and get the same person please ask him his name. When you go to pick up the order you would be doing the business owner a favor (in my opinion) of advising them that your phone experience with the individual was very poor and reflects poorly on the business. I haven't done business with them, and your experience is enough to convince me that I won't likely seek them out in the future. Word of mouth is a wonderful, or dangerous thing to a business...

Back
Top Bottom