Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Wasn't Penelope's husband Ulysses?

My speckled sussex are about 2/3 the size of the other 3 breeds I got - Delaware, Buff Orp, Ameraucana. When I look up the adult weight, they are supposed to be the second largest breed. Possible I got bantams? I can't find my receipt for them to check.

Wasn't Penelope's husband Ulysses?

My speckled sussex  are about 2/3 the size of the other 3 breeds I got - Delaware, Buff Orp, Ameraucana. When I look up the adult weight, they are supposed to be the second largest breed. Possible I got bantams? I can't find my receipt for them to check.

Just googled, it was Odyseuss :)

welcome to our little part of the web!! Let us know what you have, what you want and what else we can find for you that you never knew you wanted!
gig.gif
if there is anything we can help you out with info wise or resource wise just chime in anytime, lots of very knowledgeable folks stop in here to chat and catch up...

Thanks so much!! We bought 6 White Rock chicks at Tractor Supplies Chick day. They are growing so fast and we are struggling to build their coop before they totally outgrow their temporary home. My 11 year old's 6th grade science class is hatching chicks and he may bring a few home. He keeps trying to talk me into Quail as they are hatching those as well. lol

I grew up on a farm, but that was over 20 years ago and I keep researching on here and calling my Dad for advice, I have learned a lot already!!

My isa brown broody hasn't moved since last night was worried she would give up because I moved her but she's fine :D hopefully she will continue to sit and not give up as I have been told she probably will :/

Last edited:
30 pages later I'm getting caught up on BYC. Wing was asking about processing costs.

Both places I've used charge according to the age of the birds for chickens. These are prices from a few years ago, so you can probably charge more now.

Chickens up to 6 weeks old (Cornish X ) $1.50

Chickens 6-10 weeks (cornish x) $2.00

Other chickens $2.50

The idea is that the young birds are easier to process than are old roosters, etc. If the age is unknown, or if the chicken is anything other than a cornish x, then ehey are $2.50 each. One place sells ice, the other expects you to bring your own. Either way, birds arrive in chicken crates, and leave, unwrapped, in my coolers.

Ducks are $5.00 each and turkeys are $4 to $8 depending on size.

I vacuum seal them myself when I get home.

My duckies go in the stack cage asap, sometimes at just a couple days. We just. empty the pans & hose them out as needed.
Check your pockets.
I grew up playing cribbage, uchre, uno, phase 10, rook, chess, checkers, chinese checkers, mancala, scrabble, dots, tic-tac-toe, & hangman. And if it wasn't raining we were outside in the tire swing, riding bikes, roller skating or making mud pies. My kids also play most of these & get shoved out the door to play.
Since those are pharoah colored, you will be able to sex them in about a week. Males will have tan chests. Females will have tan with dark speckles.

Avlana-----------------here is the post about telling the boys from the girls................in just one week! wow...................

Wing, I'm not going back through countless pages, what kinda ducks are they?

dhetzel, yes of course I wanted them, but I didn't want to clean the basement. The only part I find crazy is keeping ducklings on towels.

Back
Top Bottom