Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Here's a cuteness spam for you guys on this gorgeous Tuesday
smile.png

Chuck

Penelope
love.gif
:

What a cute couple^

My nameless roo. Sooooo nice to the girls and me.
smile.png
clap.gif

30 pages later I'm getting caught up on BYC. Wing was asking about processing costs.

Both places I've used charge according to the age of the birds for chickens. These are prices from a few years ago, so you can probably charge more now.

Chickens up to 6 weeks old (Cornish X ) $1.50

Chickens 6-10 weeks (cornish x) $2.00

Other chickens $2.50

The idea is that the young birds are easier to process than are old roosters, etc. If the age is unknown, or if the chicken is anything other than a cornish x, then ehey are $2.50 each. One place sells ice, the other expects you to bring your own. Either way, birds arrive in chicken crates, and leave, unwrapped, in my coolers.

Ducks are $5.00 each and turkeys are $4 to $8 depending on size.

I vacuum seal them myself when I get home.
frow.gif

Well, we now have a bear trap set in the back of the property... in a way I'm hoping the bear from the other night is far enough gone it doesn't smell bait and come back. But in reality I understand it's probably not far away and hopefully it isn't trap smart.
O M G my only words

Strange topic but I can see some here liking this.... I want to be a thorn tree

http://preventdisease.com/news/14/0...Will-Turn-You-Into-A-Tree-After-You-Die.shtml
ha ha ha I want to be fish chum at the inlet, outgoing tide please!

Well that seems perfectly logical...How about some more so they are not lonely.

thumbsup.gif
LOL... notice how we don't even attempt to be subtle in our enabling anymore??

Came from San Jose Cali. Surprised they all made it. All 10 are running around the brooder like nothing happened.
I am still amazed at how much jostling around the youngsters can tolerate.... I have seen them tossed around in a flock feeding scramble and cringe... they just hop up and run back in under all of the adults and grab for more treats.

:thumbsup LOL... notice how we don't even attempt to be subtle in our enabling anymore??

LOL :lau
my husband is probably glad we don't have a farm...yet.... He keeps saying every time BYC comes up, "wow, you are learning a lot off there" to which I reply with yes, and usually throw a *few* more breeds out there that I want! oh and turkey's! and quail.... Granted he has admitted that *when* that farm comes our way, he wants to breed some of our chickens :D yeah, he's a keeper....

Last edited:
is there anyway to tame a duck, please share if this is possible! I would love to tame a set for once instead of nut cases!

Strange topic but I can see some here liking this.... I want to be a thorn tree

http://preventdisease.com/news/14/0...Will-Turn-You-Into-A-Tree-After-You-Die.shtml

This is Awesome! Already sent to DH and first born as my final wishes!! Although I need to think hard about what type of tree...I think I'd like to be a tri-color Beech, or maybe a Red Maple... Although there are lots of great conifers or maybe a long living trees... Like a sequoia.

I hope you get a better response than I did.... I told all 3 of my kids that they were getting one of these with a little bit of me in...I got 2 responses so far.
1... so just how long do I have to take care of you.
2... so either way, I have to plant you......

Can I have just one child without the sarcasm.

I hope you get a better response than I did.... I told all 3 of my kids that they were getting one of these with a little bit of me in...I got 2 responses so far.
1... so just how long do I have to take care of you.
2... so either way, I have to plant you......

Can I have just one child without the sarcasm.

Just what makes you think it was sarcasm?

is there anyway to tame a duck, please share if this is possible!   I would love to tame a set for once instead of nut cases! 

Never had ducks, but the ones across the street follow her around in the yard and can be herded like sheep. They go out in the field to play in water puddles then come back to their pen. Maybe it depends on breed?

I finally figured out which one is Bridget and which one is Serena. Serena has a black rim around the beginning of her beak, Bridget does not. Also, now that they are getting their big girl feathers in, Bridget has a lot more white on her head and breast. Still have trouble when they are head down and facing away, but at least now I know what to look for. Still don't know why they are 2/3 the size of the other girls.

Back
Top Bottom