Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Dennis, this sounds about right to me. I'm working harder on this year's garden than I have in years, Potatoes are new to me, I couldn't really grasp the 'bag technique' so I just threw them in the ground in late March. Now they are absolutely teeming with potatoe beetles, BOO! I have been hand picking them and every day remove at least 100, I've tried DE and read that they've developed an immunity to Permethrin, although this morning I sprayed them anyway hoping to kill off at least one stage of their development. Anyone else dealing with these critters?

This is our first year with broccoli, I sowed the seeds in. March, have big beautiful plants....but NO broccoli, what is up with that? Any ideas?

LMP, sorry no more pictures have been busy dealing with the patient. This was some pretty painful surgery. We were not prepared. Hard to see someone you care for in so much pain. Maybe I'll get garden pics today when I have better light.
oh, i am so sorry Blarney..didn't realize..
hugs.gif
**I know this is late....If you are looking for something "organic" in the ways of pest control...i use a recipe of Epsom salt & water, works great!! Yes, even for those potato bugs!!
Also have a "hot pepper" spray for pests too...if you are interested..I will post them up for everyone to try...
big_smile.png

All:
Took a few shots of the young ones...
Silkie: boy or girl?

baby roo

Olive egger

Dork mix

solo baby...three weeks, I'm guessing boy,,,,your thoughts?

CCL girl..
I love barred birds...so interesting to look at.
smile.png
..you have nice birds Stake!
Saying hi! Just moved to Westmoreland county from upstate NY. Seeing who is near me.
Hello & welcome!
frow.gif
..Clinton County!! Middle of the state..or no where, take your pick
wink.png
...hahahaha

I'm getting excited! It looks like someone has taken an interest in one of the nest boxes! I didn't see who but the nest had been readjusted into more of a bowl shape, a feather was in it with the fake egg I have in there right in the center :) does that mean we're getting close? They'll only be 14 weeks old tomorrow. I have to get the bigger lip on today and maybe get the last two boxes built lol.

I'm getting excited! It looks like someone has taken an interest in one of the nest boxes! I didn't see who but the nest had been readjusted into more of a bowl shape, a feather was in it with the fake egg I have in there right in the center :) does that mean we're getting close? They'll only be 14 weeks old tomorrow. I have to get the bigger lip on today and maybe get the last two boxes built lol.

They will sit in the boxes for a while before laying... i would expect you may start finding eggs between weeks 16 and 18. By week 22 most breeds are laying though there are some notorious holdouts.

**I know this is late....If you are looking for something "organic" in the ways of pest control...i use a recipe of Epsom salt & water, works great!! Yes, even for those potato bugs!!
Also have a "hot pepper" spray for pests too...if you are interested..I will post them up for everyone to try...
big_smile.png
That would be fantastic!!

Help!!!
I am hoping one of you seasoned chicken parents can help... My ccl, which I spent so much time looking for, is not putting weight on her one leg. One. Of my kids said they stepped on her- nice of them to tell me the day after- apparently when my older son put them in last night she was roosting on the top of their box, and she had been walking on both legs.... This morning she isn't putting any weight at all on the leg and it is just kinda ther... She will hop on one foot and even flew and perched with her good foot on the makeshift isolation pen- she hopped about 10-15 feet to get to her other flock sisters to be with them (after she flew and perched on the side of her pen), any clues what this could be? I am guessing broken leg, sprain, or dislocated hip, but I am clueless...

Back
Top Bottom