Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

What would get into my duck house and take 2 eggs in the middle of the day? The house is in an open field with a pasture fence with chicken wire attached to it. There was 3 eggs but now only 1. No sign of the eggs at all. Whatever it was had to take them whole and eat them else where. I checked the fence and couldn't see where anything got through. Any ideas?

I think I've found my answer. My neighbor just shot a large black snake. :oops: my biggest fear is snakes, don't care what kind!

Even though I've hatched and raised a lot of chicks over the years, I am still fascinated by them. It never gets old. Tonight I was feeding some 3 day old chicks some bits of hard boiled egg, they really liked it, but even more like to take it away from the others. Much chasing - even though there was a lot more in my hand.

I put our first (hopefully fertile) turkey eggs in to incubate this week . . .
fl.gif

I never hatched turkeys before.

Anyone need help with their farm? I'm a 21 year old male looking to experience the farm life for real. I don't really know much about building but I can learn. I'd like to help someone with their animals, maybe someone older or busy with their career? In return I would just want to keep a few birds of my own on you're property since I can't where I'm from. If anyone is interested in a farm hand, I am very open minded and looking to get out of city. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs and have no criminal record. It's been my dream since I was a kid to be on a farm.

Anyone need help with their farm? I'm a 21 year old male looking to experience the farm life for real. I don't really know much about building but I can learn. I'd like to help someone with their animals, maybe someone older or busy with their career? In return I would just want to keep a few birds of my own on you're property since I can't where I'm from. If anyone is interested in a farm hand, I am very open minded and looking to get out of city. I don't smoke, drink, or do drugs and have no criminal record. It's been my dream since I was a kid to be on a farm.
Unfortunately I am not in a position (no farm) to help you out but I do wish you luck in your search.... I can certainly understand your desire to get away from the city life!

FS - Columbian Roosters
We have too many roosters and are willing to sell them for $7. They are white with black hightlights on the head and tail. These were purchased from a hatchery in April. We are in SE PA. You can drop me an email if you are interested.

I found this awesome egg basket at our local antique store :) love it!

Oreo playing in the sand with Princess

Maple and Princess have been Kid-napped! Lol

how many can we fit in here?

Daisy was laying her first egg but I think she was confused. She didn't lay down the entire time lol

me and Joel, my main roo :)

ok I'm done with picture overload lol

Last edited:

Local farms are often looking for good farm hands. It doesn't pay well, so many don't stay long, but some people really love the experience, I know I do. I work on my brother-in-law's farm almost every weekend. Mostly poultry work, which he doesn't do much with (it's a dairy farm and that more than keeps him busy).

You should find local farms and stop in to ask if they are hiring. That would get you some experience. You might find that it's not really for you after all (like I discovered with my first, and only, sales jobs years ago). I suspect that Pottstown is too far away for you, but there are a lot of small farms left in PA, and most (or all) could use someone really interested in helping and learning.

I found this awesome egg basket at our local antique store :) love it!

Oreo playing in the sand with Princess

Maple and Princess have been Kid-napped! Lol

how many can we fit in here?

Daisy was laying her first egg but I think she was confused. She didn't lay down the entire time lol

me and Joel, my main roo :)

ok I'm done with picture overload lol

Great pictures! Lovely family and Joel is one good looking Roo. I was reading with my grandson on my lap, he looked at the picture of you and said 'Grandma, is that you?' I was quite flattered and said, 'you think that looks like me??' He answered, 'well, before you got old.' . :old

Back
Top Bottom