Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

After I set these eggs, see what hatches. I definitely want to make sure my daughter has a silkie for her birthday, if we don't have a successful hatch.

I know Downingtown and Coatesville (work out of West Chester).

Hi everyone!!!! Annjee, you said a ways back you are looking for swaps? and shows? This is an excellent source.

http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/poultry-show-dates.html

I am starting a wait list for bantam Cochin eggs. Is anyone interested in eggs on here? I need a couple of people to be guinea pigs. I will "gift" the eggs for free, but you will pay the shipping. I realize that incubation has a lot of variables. I mostly want to practice packing methods, and get feedback on how they arrived. I have black, blue, splash, mottled black, mottled blue, mottled splash (looks a lot like regular splash). Some will be split to mottled. If you have any questions about these birds, please don't hesitate to ask. I will also have Ameraucana in about a month. I have black, blue, and splash. I also have some project birds available. They technically are Easter Eggers, they are Ameraucanas crossed with Blue Andalusian and Silver Laced Wyandottes. The Cochin's are bantams, and everything else is Large Fowl. Happy Hatching

To everybody that is having predator problems. I got a miniature donkey. She has helped a great deal with predator problems. My geese and turkeys are also something to be reckoned with. So far I have been lucky since I got her last summer. Happy Hatching everyone!!!

After I set these eggs, see what hatches. I definitely want to make sure my daughter has a silkie for her birthday, if we don't have a successful hatch.

Hi everyone!!!!  Annjee, you said a ways back you are looking for swaps? and shows?  This is an excellent source. 

I am starting a wait list for bantam Cochin eggs.  Is anyone interested in eggs on here?  I need a couple of people to be guinea pigs.  I will "gift" the eggs for free, but you will pay the shipping.  I realize that incubation has a lot of variables.  I mostly want to practice packing methods, and get feedback on how they arrived.   I have black, blue, splash, mottled black, mottled blue, mottled splash (looks a lot like regular splash).  Some will be split to mottled.  If you have any questions about these birds, please don't hesitate to ask.  I will also have Ameraucana in about a month.  I have black, blue, and splash.  I also have some project birds available.  They technically are Easter Eggers, they are Ameraucanas crossed with Blue Andalusian and Silver Laced Wyandottes.  The Cochin's are bantams, and everything else is Large Fowl.  Happy Hatching

To everybody that is having predator problems.  I got a miniature donkey.  She has helped a great deal with predator problems.  My geese and turkeys are also something to be reckoned with.  So far I have been lucky since I got her last summer.  Happy Hatching everyone!!!

I'll be a guinea pig. I'm getting a new cabinet bator next weekend & need to line eggs up to fill it.

Hiya! From PA - I've already introduced myself and then got quiet again a years ago and hundreds of pages back. :) Im from NW PA, 2hrs above Pittsburgh, so I don't think many of you are actually neighbors. We've got a big state.
I have a question! I was reading just a bit ago, I believe here on this thread about someone sending someone else eggs. I have no experience with shipped eggs and I'm receiving some probably today. Please, is there anything I need to know? I thought I had read about letting them rest for a certain amount of time or something but I can't get any solid tips. Don't want to screw this up. Thanks!

Like they both said.
Shipped eggs can be a mixed bag. I agree with letting them rest a at and minimal turning the first few days. I've gotten some with intact air cells and they worked great and some that were nearly scrambled by the postal service. Certain breeds seem to ship better than others, as well. I've had good success with orpingtons, less with Swedish flower, for instance.
Also, if there are hairline cracks, don't give up. Some people have success by dripping a little wax over the crack to seal it so the moisture doesn't evaporate too quickly.

@chiques chicks 2/4 SF's are developing, ALL the orpingtons are developing, no EE's developed, and all of the cracked eggs that I dripped wax on are developing great. We're on Day 15. :) In all there are 13 embryos, which is a good rate for shipped eggs. :) Thanks again!

Fayette county!

Welcome from Westmoreland! I skipped a few pages, but what part are you in?

I go to every Uniontown swap :)

@chiques chicks 2/4 SF's are developing, ALL the orpingtons are developing, no EE's developed, and all of the cracked eggs that I dripped wax on are developing great. We're on Day 15. :) In all there are 13 embryos, which is a good rate for shipped eggs. :) Thanks again!

Great to hear! I haven't gotten an ee to develop this year yet, either, although I've only tried a couple. The SFH seem to be doing well this year, but I'm impressed they survived shipping.

Great to hear! I haven't gotten an ee to develop this year yet, either, although I've only tried a couple. The SFH seem to be doing well this year, but I'm impressed they survived shipping.

wait, the orps are the pretty dark eggs, right?

Hi everyone!!!!  Annjee, you said a ways back you are looking for swaps? and shows?  This is an excellent source. 

I am starting a wait list for bantam Cochin eggs.  Is anyone interested in eggs on here?  I need a couple of people to be guinea pigs.  I will "gift" the eggs for free, but you will pay the shipping.  I realize that incubation has a lot of variables.  I mostly want to practice packing methods, and get feedback on how they arrived.   I have black, blue, splash, mottled black, mottled blue, mottled splash (looks a lot like regular splash).  Some will be split to mottled.  If you have any questions about these birds, please don't hesitate to ask.  I will also have Ameraucana in about a month.  I have black, blue, and splash.  I also have some project birds available.  They technically are Easter Eggers, they are Ameraucanas crossed with Blue Andalusian and Silver Laced Wyandottes.  The Cochin's are bantams, and everything else is Large Fowl.  Happy Hatching

To everybody that is having predator problems.  I got a miniature donkey.  She has helped a great deal with predator problems.  My geese and turkeys are also something to be reckoned with.  So far I have been lucky since I got her last summer.  Happy Hatching everyone!!!

PM sent.

Oh thank you! It's bookmarked!
I would love to be a guinea pig receiver. I really would like some Cochin, also.

Back
Top Bottom