Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Question to all of you incubator folks.... are eggs OK for hatching after 10 days past a dose of Wazine? We wormed our flock about 10 days ago and have been pitching the eggs (you can only feed your dog so many!) But now I am wondering if anyone has used them for hatching? Like I said, it has been 10 days but I haven't found any concrete information about the risks with hatching them.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

Hello all. A little bit ago I posted about doing a "guinea pig" shipped egg sale. I am sorry to say because I am not NPIP I will be able to ship my eggs. There was a lot of interest in them and I am very sorry to tell you this news. For now I can only do pick-up at home, or meeting spots. The avian flu outbreak has people being extra cautious, and so is the government. So sorry, Heather

Hello all.  A little bit ago I posted about doing a "guinea pig" shipped egg sale.  I am sorry to say because I am not NPIP I will be able to ship my eggs.  There was a lot of interest in them and I am very sorry to tell you this news.  For now I can only do pick-up at home, or meeting spots.  The avian flu outbreak has people being extra cautious, and so is the government.  So sorry, Heather

Are you saying USPS is now requiring NPIP certificates to ship eggs?
If so, OUCH!

Awesome, does it's head swivel back and forth? How has it been in the food and water department?

I moved them to the brooder last night. They are still learning their way around. I gave it a couple drops of vitamins, and put a lot of feed on the floor. At the moment they rest a lot but it seemed very alert and strong.

I'm using a red hat lamp in a dimly lit room. Probably going to try to design a no light heater for them this weekend since I can't really afford a fancy system.

I moved them to the brooder last night. They are still learning their way around. I gave it a couple drops of vitamins, and put a lot of feed on the floor. At the moment they rest a lot but it seemed very alert and strong.

I'm using a red hat lamp in a dimly lit room. Probably going to try to design a no light heater for them this weekend since I can't really afford a fancy system.
Take a piece of goat fencing, bend it in a shallow arc and cover with a (old style) heating pad. The older pads don't have auto shut off, control the temp under their 'cave' by altering the amount of bend in the arc which basically raises the 'roof' of the cave.

Back
Top Bottom