Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

For some of you, family is everything, for us family is one big nightmare..
we are seriously considering getting out of the present situation and just moving away. so i may be running some places by you, if anyone is in these area's can you tell me a little about the area.
we are not looking for actual farmland, but we do need to be able to keep animals..

anyone know anything about this area..this place looks like a dream come true for us, but we know pictures are decieving.

http://www.landandfarm.com/property/12_Ac_Huntingdon_Co_Cabin_year_round_living-1616375/

Wing:

Not to opine to much,,,,but, bullies push until the get a bloody nose....being passive...only encourages aggressive behaviors ......its all about carrots and sticks....hope things work out....my two cents...

Quote: The auctions are banned from selling poultry too.
Quote: Yup, Roger's can't do poultry now, but they can do everything else still.
chippysMom, Silkie is in Ohio. PA has shut down fairs, anything that is Supported by the state. Privately funded shows, swaps and auctions are open at their own discretion....for now. I got an e-mail last night that the PA fairs are now also including eggs and terminal (broiler) projects with the ban. Some of the 4-H project broilers were going to be shown and judged off fair grounds, the new email prohibits any 'congregating' of live birds, even if they're to be processed that evening- which was our plan....oh well.

Silkie....such a bummer, can you process your extras?
Already have an entire pen of meat roos & bbw turkeys. Need another freezer.
Quote: Craigslist & a sign in the yard is the plan.
Quote: Some are blue slate, others are from the mixed pen & can be just about any color. Of the 12 hatched so far no 2 were the same.
Quote:
silkie... alot of folks have lost there flocks to preditors , last week I sold 22 of my hens for 10.00 each on craigslist
Got an ad up. Gonna put up a few more. Guess I'll stick with hatching turkeys & quail with just a few chick tutors for a while. Have to sell off what's already hatched, plus the 2 batches of 100 I just set before I have room for any more in the brooders. Guess I better get another grow out pen built too.

List it they will sell, I went to the 84 auction and there still selling poultry on mondays but didnt have very much, had a couple wanting to buy them right outta my truck, I got 5,00 for each of my roosters

Quote:
sold them and they didnt sit long, they were gone with in 3 days,
0.jpg

it ook four guys to move them ...

Had the chicks outside to roam around the yard for a couple hours yesterday evening. They had water available them during there time in the great outdoors. Seems like every time I take them outside for a little bit of pecking in the grass and then I put them back in there brooder they go running over to there food and start eating like they haven't seen it in weeks. Is this normal for the little buggers? They are 6 & 7 weeks old if that makes a difference.

Quote: this is the kind of family that out of 5 kids, 2 never grew up and they still want to count jelly beans to see who got more..and you are right, my husband has always just kept his mouth shut and left them do it. they know they can push him around and they make sure things are done when I am not there

not sure if it helps us or not but we have an appointment next week to see the lawyer, who by the way has started to dig into the situation, and came across another lawyer who has the original deed transfer ( a percentage) he has a recorded conversation that says the intent of the father in law. for some reason he never followed thru with all of the paperwork...pretty sure i know who stepped in there, but how do yo prove it.

Last edited:
Is this the same deed I looked up for you? Prayers up for a sensible and calm resolution.
yes, that deed is not as cut and dry as it seems...
the thing in all of this is the greedy member of the family is also power of attorney, in charge of everything.. they have emptied and gotten rid of 1000's of dollars of antique out of the house and the man is still alive. (incompetent but alive )

Back
Top Bottom