Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Southwest corner checking in ( Westmoreland county)
I have a small flock 2 roos 2 RIR's and 3 dels and still waiting for eggs!

Karl:

Sorry to opine...but your flock is much to small..we can help you with that...BTW your Roos will be fighting over the girls unless you get more....my two cents...

I'm in Levittown, just outside Philadelphia. I'm so excited I ordered my girls this morning, they're set to arrive the week of 8/17.
smile.png

Howdy from Chester Co....many of us in the SE on here...what are you getting...

Ugh! My last two chicks are gone. They were kept in a playpen the whole time I was gone. When I came home, I let them out and had the dog out there with them. The goofy chicks went under my neighbors fence and she let her dogs out (not knowing the chicks were out).
hit.gif

If any of these eggs hatch, they will be kept in the playpen for several months.
roll.png

Edited to add: My Rhodebar chick came out of hiding! She's alive! Will be keeping her locked up from now on....

Ann:

Sorry to hear...keep your eyes peeled ...,maybe the last one will show up...(listen for the peeps).....she'll be calling.....

Does anybody else in Chester county feel like doing a big chicken swap would be a good way to decertive all are flocks because I am someone who has a bunch of the same but would like to see what's out there and it could be a way for people to see how other people build coops or pens I thought something like at a high school or a park

While that does sound fun, I have concerns about the biosecurity for that. I am trying to keep visitors away from the farm and not bring new birds in that have been raised somewhere else. I might be ok visiting another place because I could wash and change clothes before working with my birds again.

This is also why I don't attend swaps or auctions. I wish I could be carefree about moving around, but it would not take much to wipe me out.

Sorry about your mom, my mom passed suddenly 10 years ago and it's still a loss for me. I wish I could tell you time will make it all better, but we can know our mom's want us to have a fulfilled life, whether they are here to express that or not.

As for the plucker, youtube is my go to for make-your-own anything. I don't process, but making a plucker seems doable. IDK anyone making them to sell. I'm sure that is a small market, but anyone doing it would have the market mostly to themselves.

I am an old lady with bad knees and no skills   LOL  so pretty sure no amount of you tube is going to help me  :)    I just thought maybe someone might be up for a project.   I have a handy man who comes and does stuff around the place for me but thought if there was someone out there who maybe has done one already and might have some thoughts on what works best that would be the person to get.   not in a hurry so I will see where it goes.   Thanks for the sentiments about my mom.  He mentally and physically disabled sister lived with her and now lies with me so its been a whirlwind getting that organized.   Not sure I really even have spent much time missing my mom with working three jobs and looking after my aunt.  But life goes on... and so shall we.

Wow. You've certainly got a lot on your plate. Another way to incubate eggs is to call your local extension office, sometimes they will lend out incubators for teaching. It's worth a try, especially since 'no amount of you tube is going to help you'. Lol.

I got to visit with Stake today and see his amazing set up. Very inspiring. I even left with a treat, thanks Stake!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom