Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thanks for saving cartons for me. Even if we get them returned, eventually they wear out and start to fall apart, but I like the idea that we re-use what most people throw in the trash for at least a half-dozen times.

She is pretty far from where I live, but my Dad grew up around Johnstown and his family has a reunion every August at a fishing cottage in Bedford Co. that is somewhat close to her, today was that day and since I was going to be out there for the reunion, I just brought among some chicks. They were a big hit with my relatives. I knew she needed at least a CCL roo to go with her one pullet, but I hatched enough CCL's to get 2 more females. With 2 more Rhodebar pullets in there too, she now has a quad of both "bars", enough to produce some chicks for sale next spring. So many people have never heard of these breeds, but there is a strong demand for locally raised chicks that are known females. These 2 meet that requirement perfectly.

When you get the chicks ready to go, we'll see if anyone close by wants them, if not, I'm sure I can find someone.

Cool! Sounds like a deal. Will keep you posted on the hatch.

Speaking of the underground chicken railroad, does anyone in the Poconos need anything chicken related?
@barbiegirl? Will be out there in a few weeks for vacation.

Okay Crew! purplefoxglove has a rooster in need of a new home in Glenmoore, PA. I would LOVE to add him to my flock in Erie, PA. Glenmoore is over by Lancaster/reading area. Is there anyone traveling west that could bring him part way? She and I are willing to help but it would be 3 hours each way for us. Hoping maybe we could find a middle man or two :).

Cheers and thank you!

Lori

Okay Crew! purplefoxglove has a rooster in need of a new home in Glenmoore, PA. I would LOVE to add him to my flock in Erie, PA. Glenmoore is over by Lancaster/reading area. Is there anyone traveling west that could bring him part way? She and I are willing to help but it would be 3 hours each way for us. Hoping maybe we could find a middle man or two :).

Cheers and thank you!

Lori

Chicken train is departing Allentown today, heading down 222 to stop in Fleetwood/reading, making a stop in Mount Joy, turning down into MD and then arriving in Beaver County/Pittsburgh tonight. I would have mentioned something earlier but I thought the rooster was going the other direction... And my van is already really full (4 hens, 1 rooster, possibly 1 turkey, 3 children, 10 gallons of frozen raw milk, and a couple suitcases, lol). I think I'm about an hour and a half south of Erie. I'd love to help, but I'm not sure I can physically fit it, haha. Somebody send me a pm and I'll give you my cell number, if you have your own box and I have space once I get my car loaded, I might be able to help. If not I can help on my next trip home, although I'm not sure when that will be since school is starting up again. I'm leaving Allentown at 4pm today so I can make sure I get to MD no later than 8pm with all my stops.

Chicken train is departing Allentown today, heading down 222 to stop in Fleetwood/reading, making a stop in Mount Joy, turning down into MD and then arriving in Beaver County/Pittsburgh tonight. I would have mentioned something earlier but I thought the rooster was going the other direction... And my van is already really full (4 hens, 1 rooster, possibly 1 turkey, 3 children, 10 gallons of frozen raw milk, and a couple suitcases, lol). I think I'm about an hour and a half south of Erie. I'd love to help, but I'm not sure I can physically fit it, haha. Somebody send me a pm and I'll give you my cell number, if you have your own box and I have space once I get my car loaded, I might be able to help. If not I can help on my next trip home, although I'm not sure when that will be since school is starting up again. I'm leaving Allentown at 4pm today so I can make sure I get to MD no later than 8pm with all my stops.

This would be so perfect! Just sent you and purplefoxglove a PM.

For anyone going to the Uniontown Swap tomorrow:

I have 4 turkey ppults available just under a week old for $15 each & 1 just under 3 weeks for $17. These are bronze & red slate. Anyone interested please PM me. I will NOT be bringing them unless someone wants them & can pick up before 9am. They are too fragile to sit out in the weather or in my hot truck all day.

Also considering bringing my pair of india blue peafowl & my pair of pilgrim geese (@wingstone) if anyone is interested in them. I really don't want to part with them but need the money.

I will also have a cabinet style incubator (scientific model but works for eggs) & an old Franklin woodstove...IF I can find help getting them on the truck. Both are HEAVY!!

And if I find time to get them cleaned up, I'll have 3-4 styrofoam bators for sale too.

Plus a crapload of chicks ages 3 weeks to 4 months.

I don't remember seeing you! Where were you? Down the main road, or one of the side ones?

I have heard that they are going to play this video in Times Square (the humane society) to raise awareness about commercial egg laying chickens and the conditions they are kept in. Caution: this video may make you cry, it's just so sad.

http://time.com/3914696/cage-free-chicken-investigation/

I think this is great. More people need to know where their eggs/meat/food IN GENERAL come from.

Cheers and thank you!

Lori

Hey, just an FYI... my husband and I camp in west Erie County every weekend and live near Punxsutawney pa, we are available for bird transportation when needed if it can wait till a Friday or Sunday delivery.

Hey, just an FYI... my husband and I camp in west Erie County every weekend and live near Punxsutawney pa, we are available for bird transportation when needed if it can wait till a Friday or Sunday delivery.

Thank you! Unfortunately purplefoxglove is still 4 hours away from you. I never realized just how big of a state we live in!

Thanks for saving cartons for me. Even if we get them returned, eventually they wear out and start to fall apart, but I like the idea that we re-use what most people throw in the trash for at least a half-dozen times.

She is pretty far from where I live, but my Dad grew up around Johnstown and his family has a reunion every August at a fishing cottage in Bedford Co. that is somewhat close to her, today was that day and since I was going to be out there for the reunion, I just brought among some chicks. They were a big hit with my relatives. I knew she needed at least a CCL roo to go with her one pullet, but I hatched enough CCL's to get 2 more females. With 2 more Rhodebar pullets in there too, she now has a quad of both "bars", enough to produce some chicks for sale next spring. So many people have never heard of these breeds, but there is a strong demand for locally raised chicks that are known females. These 2 meet that requirement perfectly.

When you get the chicks ready to go, we'll see if anyone close by wants them, if not, I'm sure I can find someone.

If you can find the right person......I was selling eggs to a woman I worked with....she asked me if I needed cartons.....(yes), she went to her Church and put the 'word' out.....next week 30+ cartons showed up.....still have them sitting in a corner in my Dining Room a year later.....

For anyone going to the Uniontown Swap tomorrow:

I have 4 turkey ppults available just under a week old for $15 each & 1 just under 3 weeks for $17. These are bronze & red slate. Anyone interested please PM me. I will NOT be bringing them unless someone wants them & can pick up before 9am. They are too fragile to sit out in the weather or in my hot truck all day.

Also considering bringing my pair of india blue peafowl & my pair of pilgrim geese (@wingstone) if anyone is interested in them. I really don't want to part with them but need the money.

I will also have a cabinet style incubator (scientific model but works for eggs) & an old Franklin woodstove...IF I can find help getting them on the truck. Both are HEAVY!!

And if I find time to get them cleaned up, I'll have 3-4 styrofoam bators for sale too.

Plus a crapload of chicks ages 3 weeks to 4 months.

I don't remember seeing you! Where were you? Down the main road, or one of the side ones?

I have heard that they are going to play this video in Times Square (the humane society) to raise awareness about commercial egg laying chickens and the conditions they are kept in. Caution: this video may make you cry, it's just so sad.

http://time.com/3914696/cage-free-chicken-investigation/

I think this is great. More people need to know where their eggs/meat/food IN GENERAL come from.

I was on the lane the bathroom is on at the far right once you come in the gate about half way back. Tan s10 with a cap. I had the woodstove, incubator & 3 cages of mostly chicks covered with a blue tarp. There was a guy with a gorgeous bourbon red tom on one side of me & a couple with a ton of rabbits, a few chickens & a couple piglets on the other side.

Back
Top Bottom