Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

thank you all for your responses to my post!

so what do you all think about trying to wrap this with gauze or something? and how?

also i was reading last night that crazy glue might be helpful.........would you use this ?

thanks again!

Lisa:

Late to the suggestions....but, there is stuff called surgical glue...it is used in place of stitches...comes in a small vial....call your vet and ask for some... then just glues the whole mess down....as long as it doesn't get infected your girl will heal up nicely...(alot of roos around that have lost combs to frostbite)...my two cents,,,,

I just wanted to share these pictures with Yayah! This is the American Serama rooster that I bought from her. My kids named him Bean. He is six weeks old and super fun to watch strutting around. My daughters were learning how to take pictures with mommy's "nice" camera, and even started the basics of photoshop.

I just wanted to share these pictures with Yayah! This is the American Serama rooster that I bought from her. My kids named him Bean. He is six weeks old and super fun to watch strutting around. My daughters were learning how to take pictures with mommy's "nice" camera, and even started the basics of photoshop.
Look at him!! So cute. Thanks for the pictures!! I seriously love seeing them as they grow. I've got to get a pic of mine for you... she looks so different from the rest of my girls. The kids enjoyed their photoshoot? :)

Loribischof, here's mine! I just took to calling her Meep after all the incessant chirping after her brothers left. :) Isn't it crazy how white she stayed? Looks so different than your boys!

I think this pig may be going to the butcher sooner than later. He literally tried to jump out the shed window today.... the window is at least 3 feet off the floor with a 6 inch shelf along the inside wall. He actually managed to open the screen while making his attempt. All because he figured out that he can stand on his hind legs and saw me outside. He's about 100 lbs right now. I know we won't get a ton of meat from him but I'd rather get less than have him completely destroy the shed or get lose and destroy someone else's stuff.

He is cute!
I think this pig may be going to the butcher sooner than later. He literally tried to jump out the shed window today.... the window is at least 3 feet off the floor with a 6 inch shelf along the inside wall. He actually managed to open the screen while making his attempt. All because he figured out that he can stand on his hind legs and saw me outside. He's about 100 lbs right now. I know we won't get a ton of meat from him but I'd rather get less than have him completely destroy the shed or get lose and destroy someone else's stuff.
Haha! When I was reading this, I thought "pig" meant greedy rooster, I forgot you mentioned you have a pig! How big was he when you got him?
Lehigh County here!
Welcome from Bucks County!

Last edited:
I have been away from this page for way to long. In January The neighbor stopped feeding 2 of her dogs and let them loose. they killed 5 of my eight chickens. I caught one and called dog catcher he picked her up and went out for the other one. Told me he would file charges but she denied the dogs and nothing was done.
Then in May her Pit Bull got out and killed the rest of them. Luckily the one just hatched out 8 chicks. 3 survived and in that we have two hens and a roo. they are no longer free range and I will never get anything from that woman as dog catcher wont file and magistrate said dog catcher has to file. I was very distraught in losing our Amerucanas . but now the chicks have grown and in a kennel. I must build a coop to keep them warm this winter as they use to stay in carport.
So anyway I want to try to keep up and let you all know my progress on coop. I met 3riverschicks husband yesterday and he gave me some ideas on my coop. Will post pics once i get started.

Even if the dog catcher won't do anything I think you can still take her to small claims court, especially since you called animal control there should be a report. At least you would recover the value of the chickens killed and hopefully make her wonder keeping her obviously unloved and uncared for dogs under the conditions she is is worth it.

Back
Top Bottom