Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Lol that is a good one!

I was weeding today and of course my girls were right there looking for bugs. Fast as lightning, Mary Poopins grabs something and runs away. It looks like a brown shell or bulb, and I didn't want her to eat anything bad. The other chickens were of course chasing her around too. Here, she had a 1 1/2 inch long toad hanging out of her beak. I've never even seen a toad on my property before! Now the population really dwindled.
lol.png
Of course they played keep away for a few minutes, I don't know who got the prize.

Ha, seen this before....most critters won't eat a toad because they taste bad....chooks don't have taste....so I've had mine go to town on the toads...drawn and quartered.....

Hi. We use to buy meal worms as well. I don't know about the ones you asked about. However, have you looked into growing your own? It's much cheaper and it's very easy. We now have thousands of fresh meal worms to feed daily and to get us through the winter. Let me know if you need any help.

I was going to buy some dried mealworms, so I searched Amazon and found this: http://amzn.com/B00HJD7TX2
Has anyone tried Black Soldier Fly larvae? How do they compare to dried mealworms? They seem to be cheaper, healthier, and produced in the US.

Hi. We use to buy meal worms as well. I don't know about the ones you asked about. However, have you looked into growing your own? It's much cheaper and it's very easy. We now have thousands of fresh meal worms to feed daily and to get us through the winter. Let me know if you need any help.:)

Hope this is right page for this, new to site, from Pittsburgh area,have a few hens, working on new coop to expand, looking forward to chatting

Welcome to the Pa thread! You're in the right place. Bucks County here.

Hi. We use to buy meal worms as well. I don't know about the ones you asked about. However, have you looked into growing your own? It's much cheaper and it's very easy. We now have thousands of fresh meal worms to feed daily and to get us through the winter. Let me know if you need any help.

Someone gave me mealworms as a starter, but my hubby was grossed and and said "No" to raising them. Maybe when we have more land... You're very fortunate to have a constant supply. I just paid $20 for a 30 oz. bag of dried mealworms at TSC.

Someone gave me mealworms as a starter, but my hubby was grossed and and said "No" to raising them. Maybe when we have more land... You're very fortunate to have a constant supply. I just paid $20 for a 30 oz. bag of dried mealworms at TSC.

It was pretty gross for me at first also. Luckily my husband is the one who started the project. I'm ok with it now. I remember paying that price for worms myself for many months. They are so expensive!

Back
Top Bottom