Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Australorpalooza!

I know it's hard to see and count them, but we wound up with 16 out of the 24 eggs. We still have WAY more than we anticipated (or wanted, really) so now we have to decide if we're going to keep them all or not. It's hard to imagine letting them go, though. They are totally sweet. I have no idea if we'll have the will to cull any roos later on.

Two pics of our Barreds.

Any idea of their sexes from the pics? We thought we had one pullet and one cockerel, but now we aren't so sure. Thanks!

Last edited:
I believe they have an online store too. We have an actual store nearby too. We have a 20% off coupon laying around but I just checked and it doesn't have a code to use it online unfortunately. Oh well.
yup I found it! and online codes, but as I am adding up the costs its nuts! it may be cheaper to take them and get them done!
I gave away two plastic chicken crates a few years ago, I wish I would have kept them now that we will have to chicken travel ughhh always works that way!

maybe a heating contractor might have a used rebuilt one, thats where i got mine, but honestly sally its just as cheap to buy one already made and ready to go, by the time we gathered everything for ours, had the same cost and since we were in the heating business we already had the motor so if you have to buy a motor, might come out cheaper in the long rum to buy new
idunno.gif
I hear you, its nuts adding up the costs, and I dont feel like begging around for 16" pully and all that little stuff adds up new! those bearings are expensive!

Sally, don't they use old washing machines to make pluckers? You could probably find a used one pretty cheaply. Probably for less than buying a new motor.

Fisher lady those silver rock roosters are beautiful

I just reconnected with Wingstone on FB so I'll let her know to check in. I've mostly been missing from here too. Since my job change last year, I spend time commuting that I used to spend chit chatting on here.
I seen one on youtube, CL is good for washers, IDK maybe I should go look at specifically wash machine ones and see...

@RedRaptor13 congrats on your hatch, they look adorable! If you want to breed them, grow them out to pic your breeders then sell off or process extras.

ps I did post on wings timeline "overder" and she didn't respond
idunno.gif
, she is typically fast at responses, but she is really busy doing all sorta WING stuff! Girl is always doing something!
old.gif

I had a revelation this morning. Since we never did get the turkey coop built completely and they've moved happily into the shed,the run that we were origionally building for them (kinda like a pavilion) would be just the right dimntions to divide into 4 seperation pens for breeding :) each would be 5' x 8' runs with 5'x 4' coops lol. Hubby is not thrilled with my plans haha! But it seems too quick and easy to ignore. Especially since I'm going to need breeding pens for spring anyway.

Is anyone interested in a chocolate cuckoo BANTAM orpington 4 month old Cockerel?
frow.gif
Please PM me if you are!
fl.gif
I have a friend who is selling beautiful ones, and I would like to ship together with someone to save some money.

Look everybody! I'm becoming hopeless! I've been searching for almost a month for a female duck atkeast 4 months old in the medium to large weight class. I don't care what breed just not a flying Muscovy, one that doesn't flyvis great! And somewhere in range of the Pittsburgh area. Between being screwed over, not able to take pairs or trios, this is impossible! I am going crazy. My poor pekin drake needs a gf before my baby is born and I can't give him enough attention! I've looked everywhere, tried everything! Plz someone Help Me! I am begging!!!!:fl. :idunno. Please!!!!!

Go to the Uniontown poultry swap tomorrow morning at the Fayette County Fairgrounds! You're guarenteed to find plenty there!

Australorpalooza! I know it's hard to see and count them, but we wound up with 16 out of the 24 eggs. We still have WAY more than we anticipated (or wanted, really) so now we have to decide if we're going to keep them all or not. It's hard to imagine letting them go, though. They are totally sweet. I have no idea if we'll have the will to cull any roos later on. Two pics of our Barreds. Any idea of their sexes from the pics? We thought we had one pullet and one cockerel, but now we aren't so sure. Thanks!
Congrats on all the babies.

I had a revelation this morning. Since we never did get the turkey coop built completely and they've moved happily into the shed,the run that we were origionally building for them (kinda like a pavilion) would be just the right dimntions to divide into 4 seperation pens for breeding :) each would be 5' x 8' runs with 5'x 4' coops lol. Hubby is not thrilled with my plans haha! But it seems too quick and easy to ignore. Especially since I'm going to need breeding pens for spring anyway.
Sounds like a great idea. Now you just have to get the turkeys to go along with it when figuring out the boys and girls.

Back
Top Bottom