Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

This is a great video, it mesmerizes my grandsons.

I've seen pictures of you, are you old enough to have grandkids? ;)

Hello from Lycoming County everyone!  New chicken mama here.  Currently raising 46 birds (43 chicks, 3 ducks) between 1 week and 3 months old.  So far has been a good experience.  I am looking forward to the eggs and hopefully having a smooth winter!  
Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome! My here is plenty of helpful advice here. Ask away!

I just soaked her in epsom salt and tried to massage gently. I don't have any olive oil, ran out and keep forgetting to pick some up. I did try to put some KY jelly in her vent. Tried to get her to drink some tums in water but she won't drink. I put some crushed egg shells with her but she isn't interested in them.  It looks like she has a fist by her vent. I have no clue how big this egg is. She is about I think 3 years now. She is a barn yard mix.

I'm so sorry, I hope she passes it. I have heard Tums is the way to go. Have you read about breaking the egg and carefully removing the pieces? It sounds like risky, but may be a last option.

I've been gone for a while, busy with like 4 other jobs reg job,refinishing a tk for a friend trying to finish the baby's room before grandson gets here and all the yard work for the baby shower!! But anyway does anyone in southwest Pa know when the delmont tsc has its swap meet?

First sunday of every month. I traded a pair of calls for this cutie last weekend.

I'll have to try and remember that, if I had any water up here on this hill I'd have a couple ducks the closest creek is about 200yds down over the hill and when we have alot of rain it still only a trickle! Haha!!

I've seen pictures of you, are you old enough to have grandkids?
wink.png

Welcome! My here is plenty of helpful advice here. Ask away!
I'm so sorry, I hope she passes it. I have heard Tums is the way to go. Have you read about breaking the egg and carefully removing the pieces? It sounds like risky, but may be a last option.
When I put the KY jelly in her, I didn't feel the egg close to the vent opening. I am afraid of breaking it and she gets cut. I can feel the egg when I massage her. I can't get her to eat or drink anything right now. I keep giving her soaks in the epsom salt. I hope she can pass it soon. She looks miserable.

When I put the KY jelly in her, I didn't feel the egg close to the vent opening. I am afraid of breaking it and she gets cut. I can feel the egg when I massage her. I can't get her to eat or drink anything right now. I keep giving her soaks in the epsom salt. I hope she can pass it soon. She looks miserable.

I'm sorry for you and your girl :( noisily she manages to pass it soon.

Look everybody! I'm becoming hopeless! I've been searching for almost a month for a female duck atkeast 4 months old in the medium to large weight class. I don't care what breed just not a flying Muscovy, one that doesn't flyvis great! And somewhere in range of the Pittsburgh area. Between being screwed over, not able to take pairs or trios, this is impossible! I am going crazy. My poor pekin drake needs a gf before my baby is born and I can't give him enough attention! I've looked everywhere, tried everything! Plz someone Help Me! I am begging!!!!:fl. :idunno. Please!!!!!

If the chicken train can come through Hunlock Creek (NE,PA) then we have a Female Khaki Campbell Duck for sale. She is almost 1 1/2 years old and lays very light blue eggs. In March she started laying thin shelled eggs, they're still good to eat just no good for hatching and they don't store long. We've tried everything to fix it, oyster shell, limestone, crushed eggshell, molasses, Nutri-drench, and a higher nutrition/protein feed. We've also tried to get her to take a break from laying, but she won't it's always an egg a day.

We are asking $15 for her and would rather her go to a pet home, if not we will have to sell her for meat.

If you aren't interested then this is open to anyone and any other advice on correcting this is welcome :)

Brenna

Back
Top Bottom