Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Sorry it happened again . Did you try to trap it?

Good luck on trapping. Over the years we have tried several traps during different seasons for foxes. So far we've caught raccoons and possums and even the rooster once (He was released.) but NO foxes. And we've used every kind of bait we can think of. Because the chickens live in Fort Knox, I don't worry about the possums and raccoons.
The minute there is the slightest chink in the armor, the fox will find it.
If anyone has any sure fire ideas or even any kind of an idea, I would like to know it.

Toe question, My largest silkie has a toe on each foot that almost appear turned under at all times. he/she does not appear to be walking any differently. Should I be concerned, Should I splint them...Sorry for what may seem like silly questions. :oops: still very new to chickens
Our silkie has toes like that, actually hers are even worse, I don't know if it is normal for the breed or just because she is what I call a 'hatchery quality bird' rather than a show quality which adheres to the Standard of Perfection or because of the poor conditions she was raised in (we got her as an adult from a very, very poor environment). Her crooked toes sure don't slow her down though!

Ancona Ducks are beautiful, but it doesn't seem to be a breed that you can find from the online hatcheries, or that I have seen at TSC, where exactly can you find them??

Have you looked at Cackle? They offer Anconas. If you pay through the nose you can get a small order, too.

It's been a couple days since Laverne hatched, she ended up with 9...6 mixes and 3 Silver pencils. Snapped a few pictures yesterday to share.

Good luck on trapping. Over the years we have tried several traps during different seasons for foxes. So far we've caught raccoons and possums and even the rooster once (He was released.) but NO foxes. And we've used every kind of bait we can think of. Because the chickens live in Fort Knox, I don't worry about the possums and raccoons.
The minute there is the slightest chink in the armor, the fox will find it.
If anyone has any sure fire ideas or even any kind of an idea, I would like to know it.

I've tried just about everything too...I've even found the den an mustard gassed it, that moved them but didn't chase them off.....the PIA has actually adapted to my pooch and stays out of range when he's out....

Back
Top Bottom