Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Cabinet bater, big cabinet bator...same thing, you sold him once, just double what you gave him to get the last one! :lau

I didn't give him anything and I even made him drive the hour and a half to get it AND it has a permanent spot in the living room lol. BUT the only place that big one would fit is in the garage and I can't even joke about taking up space in his garage lol. I'm lucky to get a corner for my stackable brooders that he's going to build.

Quote:
lau.gif
oh and hugs
hugs.gif

I didn't give him anything and I even made him drive the hour and a half to get it AND it has a permanent spot in the living room lol. BUT the only place that big one would fit is in the garage and I can't even joke about taking up space in his garage lol. I'm lucky to get a corner for my stackable brooders that he's going to build.
LOL, she's put more thought into this than I did . . .

frow.gif
I dont believe we ummmm MET if thats the word to use
lau.gif
and please be careful with aggressive roosters, a rooster doesnt have to be human aggressive to protect the rest. I have seen so many images from friends on here that got it bad by aggressive beasts. They are quickly made into soup here at this point.
Hi! I'm in Central PA!

Our plan is to replace the roos come spring. I have messaged back and forth with Dheltzel a bit and I think we are going to get a Bielefelder rooster as a chick. We are hoping that a well bread docile breed will help our chances (though I know that any roo of any breed can be docile or aggressive).

Also our roos were about 3 weeks old when we got them from an Amish farm. My guess it that they were hen raised and barely held prior to us getting them (and even then, we had a hard time corralling them at a few weeks) and I have a feeling that all played a big part in their natural temperament.

The only reason we haven't culled them already is that we let them free range and we have 20 acres, mostly woods. Our hens go everywhere without much fear and we have foxes, hawks, coyotes, raccoons etc. I just want to do my best to protect my hens, even if that means dealing with some aggressive roosters from now till spring.

I actually should call them Cockerels still I guess, they won't be a year old until spring. As such they don't have much in the way of spurs which is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom