Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Well, the newest batch of girls ended up being 5 of them so now we are up to 9 babies! 2 welsummers, 2 barred rocks, 2 EE's, white leghorn, golden comet and a silver laced Wyandotte. Thank goodness I over planned for the coop when we were building it and will have enough room for all my girls! The newest addition pictures below! Soooo cute!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2254.JPG
    IMG_2254.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 2
They will be 9 weeks tomorrow I believe. If they're anything like my last group they should start filling in soon lol. I'm starting to think I just lucked out with my flock all getting along. My biggest problem is a 3 month old Bantam girl that likes to chase my big Muscovy male but that is actually kind of funny to watch. So far I've had really good luck letting the new ones free range with the rest before having to sleep together. Most of the ones I have left from your batch moved themselves into the coop the last three nights. At bedtime they were up on roost with the big girls instead of a grow out pen I have so I just left them in and all seems fine!

They will be 9 weeks tomorrow I believe. If they're anything like my last group they should start filling in soon lol. I'm starting to think I just lucked out with my flock all getting along. My biggest problem is a 3 month old Bantam girl that likes to chase my big Muscovy male but that is actually kind of funny to watch. So far I've had really good luck letting the new ones free range with the rest before having to sleep together. Most of the ones I have left from your batch moved themselves into the coop the last three nights. At bedtime they were up on roost with the big girls instead of a grow out pen I have so I just left them in and all seems fine!

Thanks for letting me know! I'm just waiting for them to get a little bit bigger before letting them integrate into the flock on their own. We have 3 a-hole roosters we will probably keep separated once the BR are allowed to free range. You sure got lucky with your flock, they all looked so happy! :)

Hi all! It's been forever since I've been on. We added two red sex links to our flock this weekend and now we need two ameraucana or marens to complete our family.

Anyone know of anyone near Stroudsburg/Wilkes-Barre/Lehigh Valley?

h when I came home from work last night I found 5 chicks dead. My hubby has been out of town and I had to work almost 24 hours between Sat and Sun so kids had to take care of them. They are very responsible but my son gave them the food I use for my adults. I always give chick grit but I don't think they had enough to handle it. Now I'm trying to massage crops after another 3 chicks died with more looking rough. I took all the food away tonight when I realized and added more grit and a little coconut oil to water. Hoping I don't loose everyone. Not sure what else to do.

Back
Top Bottom