Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Oh my gosh they are huge!!! What breed were they? I had orpington roosters and we butchered them but ugh they had nothing. Just feathers and bones.

These were Cornish cross meat birds. I was experimenting and trying to keep them long enough to try to breed them and outcross them to make my own, sustainable meat flock. These two boys were just too big and cumbersome to have any chance of breeding. I still have 2 pullets and 1 cockerel that are looking promising and are coming of age. We'll see what happens!

We lost 2 of the babies on Tuesday. I don't know what happened. One was kinda limping in the morning and when I got home about 5 hours later, husband said there were 2 dead in the run. I think maybe they got stepped on by the big birds? Maybe? They were running around after the morning feed like always. The remaining 4 look healthy. So we have Barb, Hippie, Anita, and Becky. I can almost tell Anita and Becky apart now. Hippy is the smallest and has yellow feet. Barb is a very light gray.

Oley Valley feed mill! They just got in Bantams! I would know..... I went unsupervised and came back with 2 polish and 3 bantams lolol Keith was about to strangle me....
Thanks for the update on the chicks. I called in and they have what I wanted. Thanks again :wee

Happy puppy time!
img_20170609_084054-jpg.1036618

Attached Files:

Thanks Anne,

Frustrated with the new site...I am trying to add photos to posts in this thread which I originally uploaded in the farm photography thread and everything is different now and I am not finding the ones I just uploaded in the post. :barnie
It was so simple before!:he

Ooookaay so it's official. We now have a final count of 27 birds total. 20 Wyandottes, 2 Polish, 3 Bantams, 1 Rouen Duck, and 1 Buff Saddleback Pom Gosling.... :th Needless to say I'm gonna go and hide over on the Duck and Geese threads because I need to know a loooot more right now. (Be glad I didn't wind up with a Turkey on top of all that):oops:

Back
Top Bottom