Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thinking about getting chicks soon. Is anyone near SE Lanc. Cty. ordering chicks that would be interested in allowing me to order about a dozen pullets?
It is getting late in the season to start with chicks, but I have some available. Straight run though.

I got another shipment today from Sand Hill Preservation Center. Once they get established and past the shipping stress, I may have 2 Minorcas and 3 Black Wyandottes to sell.

You must be really close to me. I'm in Chester Co, but very close to Pottstown and I work in King of Prussia. If you want more chicks next spring, look me up, I will have lots of them.

I live quite close, just near Spring Mountain. My boyfriend is pretty obsessed with Egyptian Fayoumis and Golden Campines (we have 1 Buttercup he ADORES but he heard GC are a tad hardier) so we are taking a chance and ordering from Meyer Hatchery. Our current girls came from Pickering Feed in Exton. (Will keep you in mind for Spring though!!) We are looking for one more breed to order...possibly Silver Laced Wyandottes, Speckled Sussex? Maybe a larger brown egg layer as we have the RIRs and Orp. Anyone have any suggestions? Although we are limited to what they have available. Not going to lie; we love the little hens. I was looking at the Exchequer Leg horn because they are so pretty. We are still newish to this and definitely already addicted. :lol:

Today was the last day off summer vacation for my kids. I don't get it. When I was a kid, I dreaded the first day of school. My kids are extatic and can't wait!

One of my neighbors asked for a dozen eggs this morning and in return gave us a bag FULL of hot peppers. Hubby is the only one that eats them but I cut them up and froze them. You'd think that I would learn by now to wear gloves when I do this stuff. My hands started burning about an hour after I finished the peppers. Apparently, I've burned them :/

I also managed to process 4 boys today. It seems so wrong butchering silkies but I waited extra time and tried to find homes for these guys for a couple months and there were no takers. I still have a couple blue silkie boys left. I'm going to have to make a choice on who I'm keeping soon and who I'm not. I'm also going to have to prices my big CX roo soon. I thought I'd be able to keep him to breed since he was doing so well for so long but it looks like he's developed bumblefoot. It's too big for me to operate and on both feet. I know if I manage to fix one foot, he'll damage the other leg while the first one heals. I tried. I'm just going to have to rely on the girls for the meat project.

Wow! You've got a lot going on. My kids don't go back until next week. Something I dread every year.

Your CX having bumble foot seems to support my theory of the heavier birds getting it....lower roost bars are a must for my Orpingtons and Marans from now on.

We have the same situation with the hot peppers over here, hubby likes em, I don't. Sometimes I make a hot pepper jam with them. Lately I've been putting the seeds into my white clam sauce that we eat over pasta, the kids LOVE it. Such a bummer that you burned your hands, be happy that you didn't rub your eyes....or did you?

I live quite close, just near Spring Mountain. My boyfriend is pretty obsessed with Egyptian Fayoumis and Golden Campines (we have 1 Buttercup he ADORES but he heard GC are a tad hardier) so we are taking a chance and ordering from Meyer Hatchery. Our current girls came from Pickering Feed in Exton. (Will keep you in mind for Spring though!!) We are looking for one more breed to order...possibly Silver Laced Wyandottes, Speckled Sussex? Maybe a larger brown egg layer as we have the RIRs and Orp. Anyone have any suggestions? Although we are limited to what they have available. Not going to lie; we love the little hens. I was looking at the Exchequer Leg horn because they are so pretty. We are still newish to this and definitely already addicted. :lol:
I just sold all of my SLW pullets last week. (I kept one) They're pretty, LOVE the lacing, but the're a bit feisty with the other birds.

Brought my slw gia to vet yesterday. Her swollen foot actually came to a head so they cut her open and gave antibiotics. Only cost me 60 bucks. More then Id like but planned on breeding her next year. Dr. Bell thought she was the sweetest bird ever. Walked around showing her to all the nurses. Even put a sparkling pink wrap on her lol.

I just sold all of my SLW pullets last week. (I kept one) They're pretty, LOVE the lacing, but the're a bit feisty with the other birds.

Very good to know! My Orp and Buttercup are SO sweet, but our RIRs (Fred and George "The Red Twins") are kind of bitchy. We can't decide between getting a few extra of the Campines/Fayoumis, or a few of another docile breed we already have, or wing it with a new breed because, chickens. No one told me I would want them all. .:barnie

Brought my slw gia to vet yesterday. Her swollen foot actually came to a head so they cut her open and gave antibiotics. Only cost me 60 bucks. More then Id like but planned on breeding her next year. Dr. Bell thought she was the sweetest bird ever. Walked around showing her to all the nurses. Even put a sparkling pink wrap on her lol.

I think this is what makes it so hard to choose new birds right now...each bird is individual so of course everything you hear or read conflicts. Love the pink wrap.hahah Nice vet.

I didnt notice the post above mine lol. Some of my Wyandottes are feisty. My gold in particular. And they all kinda hang out on their own. I think I have 15 or more different breeds now and love them all lol. Although my young dark Brahma is probably the sweetest as well as every Easter Egger I have (7)

Back
Top Bottom