Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote:
Last summer there was a bear at our place..... I had a 24 yr old horse and when I bought my new show horse the woman I got him from didn't know much about horses and said that my horse "killed" a pony, that they had put the two horses out together and then the pony had to be put down. Well then she continued to say the pony had already been injured and they suspected my horse had kicked the pony which caused him to go down and then have to be put down. They didn't know whether my horse really did anything or not. So I assumed all was safe and brought him home and put him in with my 24 yr old.

Well 3 houses down they sighted a bear and took pictures. About 3 days later Rebel (my new horse) had the 24 yr old running all over the pasture! Well at first I thought 'Great he is a danger to my other horse!' But as I watched him I told dh "Rebel has seen that bear! He isn't chasing Skip (24 yr old) he's 'running' him, like 'we're in danger and we have to get out of here'" Dh says "Noooo bears travels miles a day that bear is long gone!" Well wonder of all wonders what do you think we caught in our trash that night????!

Then about a week later the neighbors and I both swear she had a cub or cubs in the woods across the road. It sounded like a little one squealing and there was some major thrashing going on. But then we never saw or heard another thing. We live in McClellandtown.

As long as the bear doesn't hurt me or my kids or animals I don't mind them, its kind of cool and exciting. But also kind of scary! My dad's family is from Clarion Co. and theres lots of bears up there, no one has ever been hurt by one although we've all had SEVERAL run ins with them. They truly are terrified of humans, at least up there. They do wreak a lot of havock on trash and stuff. One up there got into someones pool and tore it to bits!

Quote:
---------------
How do you join the Club? Do you have any Buff poultry breeders in the Club? Thanks,
Karen in Ligonier

Last edited:
yeaaaa PA da best yo!
cool.png

I am in Chester County, PA! Pottstown to be exact! If anyone here is looking for silkies/showgirls or BLRWs I just posted a bunch for sale in the 8wk plus section as I am downsizing at the moment. We need to make a NE PA chicken get-together/sale/swap for the fall!
big_smile.png

A question: What bedding do you use in your chicken house? I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject....and just wondered what the general opinion is here?
roll.png
Also, do any of you use diatomaceous earth? Thanks

Cherl

Back
Top Bottom