Persistent Congestion

RandyTheRooster

In the Brooder
Mar 2, 2016
About 2 months ago my rooster started having difficulty crowing. His calls were quieter and would cut off mid crow. I looked at him carefully and noticed that he was wheezing on the exhale whenever he ran or did something strenuous. I decided to put him on antibiotics (tetracycline) in case he had an infection and de-worm him with safe-gaurd in case he had gape worms. After a week long treatment of antibiotics his crowing improved. It was still quieter than normal, but it didn't cut off mid crow; I figured in time he would be back to normal. Fast forward 2 weeks and his condition has not changed; he crows softly and wheezes after running. At this point I decide to do a second antibiotic treatment and anti worm treatment. Its been a month since he finished his second treatment and his condition is still the same. What could be the cause of this?

TLDR: Rooster stops crowing and begins wheezing. I do 2 separate rounds of antibiotics and de-wormer and his condition only slightly improves. Although he seems healthy otherwise, I want to know what could be causing this and how to treat it.

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom