• yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • no

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

duckteencare

Hatching
Mar 14, 2016
Hi i dont know if im doing this right but I want to get a pet duck IM in michigan and live in a townhouse with two bedroom and two bathroom. my own small patio. Now my mom works long hours when im in and out of school but i only go school for maybe 8 hours . Im wondering what do I do with my duckling should i get two. I only want one but i dont want him stress. Or should i not get one at all. I really do want one ive done my research and also do i have to have a vet. and what do i do with the dead body? so many question from duckteencare

Hi i dont know if im doing this right but I want to get a pet duck IM in michigan and live in a townhouse with two bedroom and two bathroom. my own small patio. Now my mom works long hours when im in and out of school but i only go school for maybe 8 hours . Im wondering what do I do with my duckling should i get two. I only want one but i dont want him stress. Or should i not get one at all. I really do want one ive done my research and also do i have to have a vet. and what do i do with the dead body? so many question from duckteencare

Honestly, I don't think it is a good idea. Ducks are meant to live outide. They poop so much are are a lot of work. For it to be happy, you would need to get at least 2. I raised my 3 ducklings in my basement until they were old enough to live outide in their duck house, and even though they were kept in a lage dog crate at night, the wall behind it got so dirty from them splashing in their water drinker, and the basement smell so bad even though I cleaned their cage everyday. Ducks are awesome pets, but they are happiest with other ducks and outside

I agree with brookesducks. We got some teeny baby ducklings just before an unexpected cold snap in the weather so had to move them and their heat lamp up to the basement for 2-3 weeks until they'd fluffed up. Despite daily cleaning they made a huge huge mess and it took ages for the smell to go. They tramp their poop into their water and then tip the smelly water over onto everything including their food etc etc and whatever floor/walls they live near will need serious decontamination afterwards! I was so glad to be able to move them outside when they got big enough.

There are other pets much more suited to indoor living....

I realize you are trying to cover all the bases....but the fact that the phrase I highlighted in red above was one of the initial questions asked, I would have to say that its not a good idea on that basis alone. I admit being a little alarmed that that even was a thought at this point. All things considered, I would wait until you own property where they can wander and have a house and pen of their own outdoors before you can become a duck parent. Not meaning to sound negative but it would be the most responsible thing to do.

i really recommend not getting any ducks at all ! like for the saftey of them animal and the best for you. You may want one but it's best to wait and have everything ideal for the animal than to get one and have it not be too happy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom