Pet Ducks Dumped in Neighborhood Pond, Help?

Free range or backyard/pen?

• Total voters
Pics
Hey everyone, I was just curious about certain duckling noises.
I can't tell which duckling is making this noise but I did video tape it.

Is this another voice change? They dont make the noise all the time but it still concerns me some. To me it sounds like a snore, or a lung issue.

It could have something stuck in its nostrils (nares). Kinda like a big booger. If there is a light behind the duckling you can see straight through their nostrils to the light. You can hold each one up amd check to see if there is something stuck in one of their nostrils

It could have something stuck in its nostrils (nares). Kinda like a big booger. If there is a light behind the duckling you can see straight through their nostrils to the light. You can hold each one up amd check to see if there is something stuck in one of their nostrils

Will definatly check their nostrils, would a bath also help?

I have a question, if anyone happens to know a lot about the ancona breed please do answer.

Do Ancona ducklings usually have green feathers?
We were giving the ducklings a bath one night and we noticed at the end of of their black feathers, were bright tipped green feathers.
I didnt get a picture, I can try, but they are getting big and wiggling.

Is this normal of the ancona breed? Could this mean they are mix breeds? The green is the exact shade of green a drake Welsh harlequin/ mallards head feathers would be.

Also I looked up pictures of Welsh harlequin ducklings, I feel like ours looks so different from the pictures.

I dont care if they are mix breeds, as I think the anconas having green and black spots would be awesome and very pretty, and I honestly hope they dont loose their green.

But I am curious what everyones opinions are about this, if this is normal or we got some cool looking ducks.

I have a question, if anyone happens to know a lot about the ancona breed please do answer.

Do Ancona ducklings usually have green feathers?
We were giving the ducklings a bath one night and we noticed at the end of of their black feathers, were bright tipped green feathers.
I didnt get a picture, I can try, but they are getting big and wiggling.

Is this normal of the ancona breed? Could this mean they are mix breeds? The green is the exact shade of green a drake Welsh harlequin/ mallards head feathers would be.

Also I looked up pictures of Welsh harlequin ducklings, I feel like ours looks so different from the pictures.

I dont care if they are mix breeds, as I think the anconas having green and black spots would be awesome and very pretty, and I honestly hope they dont loose their green.

But I am curious what everyones opinions are about this, if this is normal or we got some cool looking ducks.
Green sheen on black feathers is common and desired in the ancona breed.

I had a bit of question, and wanted your opinion Miss Lydia.

What's your opinion on sperate pens for drakes?
I kinda had an idea, but I'm not sure if it would work out or be a good for Downy and Fergus?

My idea was, what if we spearted Downy and Fergus completely. Fergus would get a male friend, and Downy would get a female friend.

I know ducks dont care about gender, and might still mate with each other but is it less likely if they only had one buddy each?

Or is this just asking for trouble?

I guess I'm still worried that Fergus wont be satisfied with an extra girlfriend or two, and might be mean to all of them.

Back
Top Bottom