Pheasant chick update

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
All 26 of my pheasant chicks are alive, eating, playiing, drinking and sleeping. They have stopped picking since I expanded their brooder. They are starting to get their wing feathers in and testing them out by jumping and flapping them. All is good. Just felt like sharing.
smile.png

ticks.....I've got 10 pheasant eggs in the bator that I rescued after the swather ran over their nest and killed the hen. I candled them last night and threw out 3 that I could tell were bad. One egg broke when they were run over and from the size of the embryo I thought at that point in time I probably had at least 2 weeks to go. Now I'd say I'm down to about a week. Any pointers if any of these little guys hatch?

Sam could tell you better than I could, because I pretty much learned everything from sam. But if you go onto my website and go to pheasant chick care that should give you some help! good luck they are extremely wild birds.

Thanks....I bought a small bag of gamebird feed today....I figure if none hatch I can always mix it into the chicken's feed. One of my husbands friends I think may take them if they hatch.....he's raised pheasants before.

Back
Top Bottom