PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

today, i put a small amount of molasses to my chooks' water. I read that this will help flush the toxins/fungus inside their bodies. I also put some antifungal cream to one of my chicken's vent to avoid fungus infection.so far, they are all doing good and do their regular routine. The hen with vent gleet has been clucking for how many days now. I hope she lays her first egg in less than a month from now. I haven't put nesting boxes as it consumes space. I plan to put a nesting box next week or the week after next.

Myke,

Here is a short article on molasses in poultry feed that you might like.

jimmy

http://www.wattagnet.com/Molasses_in_poultry_diets_-_an_unusual_ingredient_with_potential.html

Myke,

Here is a short article on molasses in poultry feed that you might like.

jimmy

http://www.wattagnet.com/Molasses_in_poultry_diets_-_an_unusual_ingredient_with_potential.html

Thanks Jimmy. I put small amount of molasses to their waterer and changed the water after 24 hours. So far, the hen still secretes white discharge but it's not as much compared when i first discovered her vent gleet.she is still active and squats in front of the new roo so i think she is doing fine.

today is the 18th week of the hens. Surprisingly, one of them laid a very tiny brown egg! will she ever lay bigger eggs?

Congratulations!!

Yes they will get bigger over the next couple of months, and probably quite fast.

Thanks! I'm excited to collect her eggs, hopefully she lays daily. It's weird that she did not sing the "egg song" And she laid outside the nesting box. Isn't it that hens should be noisy before and after they lay their eggs? Oh well, she is perfect if she is a "silent" layer lol.

New layers often lay outside the egg box. She probably did not even know she was laying an egg. Most of my hens do not make any extra noise when they lay.

That's great! Hope my hens are same as yours. I don't know where to buy crushed oyster shellS here. I gave my hens layer pellet, is that enough? Or do they really need extra calcium?

The new roo from @ozexpat is not as loud as the other roos so i think i can keep him as well. My 2 roos are nowin the freezer camp and the last roo will become our dinner on Sunday. :)

today is the 18th week of the hens. Surprisingly, one of them laid a very tiny brown egg! will she ever lay bigger eggs?

Wow congrats with your very first egg! Thats normal for pullet lays small egg it will become bigger in a few weeks. Who lays the first egg?

Here are the suspected boys.
They have fowl pox on their combs and wattles.

And the 2nd batch.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom