PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Hello to all BYC Philippines Subscribers!

I just bumped into this thread while doing research in raising chickens. I found Oz' BYC diary sometime last week and now this. Indeed, I've learned a lot of things by just reading these threads.

I'm a rookie in raising chickens and have little to no experience on this. I'm buying a trio from Oz, probably when he gets back from the US and when my coop is done.

For the time being, I decided to buy day-old-chicks from a local agrivet and see if I'm capable of brooding them based on the knowledge I got from forum. Its day three today and looks like all 10 of them are doing well. I'll be going back to the agrivet for some supplements but I have no idea which supplement works best. I've read about Vetracin but any other suggestions are welcome.

A big THANKS to everyone in this thread for sharing. More power and mabuhay po tayong lahat!
I would just give them a good chick starter.

Vetracin Classic contains Chlortetracycline and Vetracin Gold has doxycyline and tiamulin. Unless the birds are sick, I would avoid these.

There is a vitamin, mineral and dextrose supplement that is around 10-12P a sachet that would be better if you really think they need it.

My chicken issues are sorted out and I should be able to sell birds again before Christmas

Thanks for your patience.

As much as possible, I don't want to give meds nor hormones to my chicks. I want everything organic.

I just want my chicks to grow healthy that's why I was thinking of supplements to keep them active as weak chicks are prone to illnesses. Perhaps from 4 weeks onward they will be able to adapt to its "natural environment" setup hence can take organic food.

ELECTROGEN D+ it is. I'll have a trip later to the agrivet for supplies and equipment. I'll be picking up some bamboos for the coop as well.

I would just give them a good chick starter.

Vetracin Classic contains Chlortetracycline and Vetracin Gold has doxycyline and tiamulin. Unless the birds are sick, I would avoid these.

There is a vitamin, mineral and dextrose supplement that is around 10-12P a sachet that would be better if you really think they need it.

My chicken issues are sorted out and I should be able to sell birds again before Christmas

Thanks for your patience.
Do you sell 21-day-old chicks? I'll PM you my contact details once you're back. And if you may, I would love to pick em up myself so I can as well see your other breeds in person.
smile.png

Do you sell 21-day-old chicks? I'll PM you my contact details once you're back. And if you may, I would love to pick em up myself so I can as well see your other breeds in person.
smile.png

I do sell chicks at 21 days - they no longer need heat but are best picked up.

I dont mind farm visits. Just be sure to wear clothes that have not been contaminated by your chickens.

finally! there is pinoy group here in backyard... how are u all guys?
Welcome to the group Xerxes! Share your "Chicken Story"
big_smile.png

@ozexpat , I took your advise on the supplement for my chicks which is to give them when they need them. I was overreacting seeing them not eating (coz they're sleeping.. lol) and thought they're weak. It's been a week since I got them and they are still in excellent condition.

Welcome to the group Xerxes! Share your "Chicken Story"
big_smile.png

@ozexpat , I took your advise on the supplement for my chicks which is to give them when they need them. I was overreacting seeing them not eating (coz they're sleeping.. lol) and thought they're weak. It's been a week since I got them and they are still in excellent condition.
I am glad to hear they are doing well.

Mabuhay!!!

Tell us about your location and chickens!
Thank you ozexpat and Jandee :)

residing at n. cotbato and as of now i have

5 bantams silkie feather,
2 asil hens,
1 ganoi x asil male,
1 black star male
2 jap shamo hen.

i have also 1 new rir but he's already dead after 1 month.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom