PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Here's the picture of the chicks from Sir Oz.

I already transferred them in our old brooder. I will take photo of them tomorrow once I get back in our hometown.

@Sir Oz

How old do the chicks need to be vaccinated ?I heard from my father about la sota. I'm not familiar with vaccines for chickens.

Here's the picture of the chicks from Sir Oz.

I already transferred them in our old brooder. I will take photo of them tomorrow once I get back in our hometown.

@Sir Oz

How old do the chicks need to be vaccinated ?I heard from my father about la sota. I'm not familiar with vaccines for chickens.
LaSota is a strain of Newcstle disease (NCD)

There are two different vaccines for NCD

B1, Massachusetts Type and Connecticut Strain

AND

B1, Lasota Strain

They are cheap vaccines but come in 1000 dose vials.

If possible, vaccinate all susceptible birds on the premises at the same time. For 10 to 14 days after vaccinating, avoid carrying vaccine particles on shoes, clothing, etc., into areas where there are unvaccinated birds. we also give a portion to our neighbors because it is 1000 doses and we have extra.

For just a few birds its best to use the dropper technique

DIRECTIONS
For intranasal or intraocular vaccination (1,000 dose bottles only)

These Newcastle Disease Vaccines accompanied by diluent are recommended for the vaccination of healthy chickens one day of age or older.
1. Rehydrate 1 vial of vaccine with 1 vial of diluent.
2. Remove seal and stopper from vaccine and diluent vials. Avoid contamination of stoppers and contents.
3. Add diluent to half-fill the vaccine vial. Replace stopper and shake until contents are dissolved.
4. Pour the rehydrated vaccine into the diluent container. Replace stopper and shake.
5. Remove stopper and fit drop-dispenser tip into diluent container.
6. To vaccinate intranasally, place finger over one of the bird’s nostrils and place 1 drop of vaccine in the other nostril. Do not release bird until vaccine has been inhaled.
7. To vaccinate intraocularly, place 1 drop of vaccine in the eye.

You will need an eye dropper, gloves and eye protection for yourself

Instructions say to burn vial, syringe and needle used to mix and left over vaccine. I put a few ml of concentrated bleach in the vial and then soak all equipment in water/bleach solution for and hour then dispose.

change clothes and wash them.

Dont be intimidated its not hard.

D'Jade Marketing in Bacolod carries it and they have just about anything you will need. They are in the area near triangle on north drive but i am not sure of address. phone number is 09485758718 if you call all text say mark from cauayan referred you.

Its best to ask them what vaccines are most often used in the area.

I give the Lasota In Feb and August and the Mass Con strain in May and Nov as a routine as (they are less than 250p a vial)
I also vaccinate for Coryza at 8 + 11 weeks (2000p for 500 doses)
and Fowl Cholera at 12 weeks (3100p for 1000 doses)

The last 2 vaccines are premixed and can be stored, the agrivets may sell smaller amounts if they are popular. if not I would not pay that much for 12 chickens personally

In Manila Pogressive Poultry in QC
1013 EDSA, PROJECT 7,
QUEZON CITY, 1005
PHILIPPINES
TEL: 372-3636 TO 37, 373-4050 TO 51
FAX: 374-1331
EMAIL: [email protected]

@ Sir Oz

Thank you so much for the information and directions in using the Lasota. Yes I know the place D' Jade . This february we are planning to vaccinate. We will also inform our neighbors so they can keep all their chickens a day before vaccination so they can vaccinate also.

Youre really a good teacher and a blessings for us backyard raisers Sir Oz.

Back
Top Bottom