PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Guys, i need some advise. my birds poop a lot and i don't want my neighbors to smell their poop as they can report me to the home owners association.

I tried the deep litter method but i still smell the poop plus the smell of feeds.

Should i control the feeds i give to my birds so they will poop less? I feed them at least 5 times a day.

i'm a novice so i don't know what to do to keep my backyard odorless. Any idea?
carbonated labhang (rice husks) atleast 2" deep.

Unless you get caught up in chicken math, the smell from 8 chickens is really not that much.

Some people say fermenting the feed will keep the smell down a bit. What kind of bedding are you using? And getting a proper deep litter going takes some time.

I use wood shavings as bedding. I often pickup the poop and put it in one place and cover them with some shavings.

carbonated labhang (rice husks) atleast 2" deep.

Unless you get caught up in chicken math, the smell from 8 chickens is really not that much.

Thanks oz. How do you make the rice hulls carbonated? Is it by using ground charcoal?

My brother said that the rice hulls can attract chicken mites. How true is that?

There are you tube videos on carbonating rice husks (CRH)

I dont carbonate mine. I find that the free risk husks we collect on the highway are more than enough as the dessicate the poop pretty quickly.I have 19 coops and have had lice once in two years. Ivermectin took care of that.

Some pig farmers use 12" of CRH to grow hogs on. they use the same produce for the whole production period.

There are you tube videos on carbonating rice husks (CRH)

I dont carbonate mine. I find that the free risk husks we collect on the highway are more than enough as the dessicate the poop pretty quickly.I have 19 coops and have had lice once in two years. Ivermectin took care of that. 

Some pig farmers use 12" of CRH to grow hogs on. they use the same produce for the whole production period. 

Thanks oz. We have rice fields in isabela. I'll ask my brother to send me a sack of rice husk. Thanks for the info.

Welcome new folks to BYC- we're excited to see you!

I have used fermented feed an can confirm it makes poop smell less. It also takes less feed to satisfy my birds, so it saves money too!

Back
Top Bottom