PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Welcome new folks to BYC- we're excited to see you!

I have used fermented feed an can confirm it makes poop smell less. It also takes less feed to satisfy my birds, so it saves money too!

Thanks katbriar. I'll also try that. Fermented feeds + closed bin + carbonated rice hull! I hope i can also add + neighborMoveOut. Lol. My neighbors are not really the friendly type of people so i don't want to piss them off. Fortunately, the other unit to my right is still vacant. I am praying that no one would occupy that forever. Or if ever,at least a friendly type... You know...

Quote: Having friendly neighbors is something I am very thankful for.
I agree with katbriar about fermented feeds reducing odors and vehve about collecting the droppings and composting them in a closed container. I do not have any experience with rice hulls since they are not readily available in Illinois.

Thanks katbriar. I'll also try that. Fermented feeds + closed bin + carbonated rice hull! I hope i can also add + neighborMoveOut. Lol. My neighbors are not really the friendly type of people so i don't want to piss them off. Fortunately, the other unit to my right is still vacant. I am praying that no one would occupy that forever. Or if ever,at least a friendly type... You know...

Lol. No neighbor = Good neighbor

Having friendly neighbors is something I am very thankful for. 
I agree with katbriar about fermented feeds reducing odors and vehve about collecting the droppings and composting them in a closed container.  I do not have any experience with rice hulls since they are not readily available in Illinois. 

Good for you and your chickens. :) I'd do evrything to keep my birds. :)

I started feeding my birds with fermented feeds and i noticed that their poops are watery, and it's impossible to pick them up. Is that normal? Or i might have done something wrong? The birds look normal though...

Last edited:
Here are my chicks. Haha they're all adorable..
:D

Back
Top Bottom