PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Haha, i like the term chicken tv!!

redhorse while watching chicken tv can relieve stress. Btw, do you also have orps in the philippines just like oz?
yes we have some Orpingtons that come from the same lines

I want to build a large chicken coop for my farther inlaw in Sibuyan (Romblon province)

but it will need to be good & strong to keep both things with 4 legs & with 2 legs out that are looking for a free chicken dinner
hide.gif

something like what OZ has should work but with heavy wire on the sides instead of plastic mesh

piglett

Sounds like a good plan. I plan to add more birds as soon as I transfer to a different place where pets are allowed. :D

I will have a big chicken coop where I can let the hens raise their young. As of now, I am limited to have few birds only.

Sounds like a good plan. I plan to add more birds as soon as I transfer to a different place where pets are allowed. :D

I will have a big chicken coop where I can let the hens raise their young. As of now, I am limited to have few birds only.
Your plan of having a few now will make it easier to expand when you get to a different place.
thumbsup.gif

a few birds is better than no birds :)

a few birds is better than no birds :)

Lol. I completely agree. It's my restday so i am currently sitting with my birds. I wonder how i introduce the other three who are younger. my orpington seems ok to see the new birds but the others are not so kind. they try to peck the little ones.

Last edited:
Lol. I completely agree. It's my restday so i am currently sitting with my birds. I wonder how i introduce the other three who are younger. my orpington seems ok to see the new birds but the others are not so kind. they try to peck the little ones.
they should be ok in a week - just give them a place to hide like a box with a couple of holes on it - like a kids play fort for chicks

Your plan of having a few now will make it easier to expand when you get to a different place.  :thumbsup

yup. time flies so who knows by next year i'll get a different and better location to raise a bigger flock. I want to have different breeds.

I am really grateful that i found oz. it's really been my dream to have buff orps. Haha

Last edited:
they should be ok in a week - just give them a place to hide like a box with a couple of holes on it - like a kids play fort for chicks

Yup, i put the same box that i used in the first batch. 2 of the younger birds wouldn't back off when the bigger birds try to peck them they fight back. I wonder if the little ones submit once there's no more barrier between them. the little birds are caged during the day and i let the bigger roam around my little backyard until afternoon so they won't fight.at night they sleep together in the same cage.

Last edited:
yup. time flies so who knows by next year i'll get a different and better location to raise a bigger flock. I want to have different breeds.

I am really grateful that i found oz. it's really been my dream to have buff orps. Haha

Same here Mike, I'm glad I found kuya Oz ads, ive been searching purebreds on web. :)

Back
Top Bottom