PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Last Wednesday, my dad and my brother came over to help me build a coop for my chickens.

This how it was initially. Well, i did not get the entire space.
big_smile.png

Then we put doors

I know chickens love wide space, so we also build an extension. Just open the door:

Put the gate

And the cover

At night, when the birds are about to go to sleep. I just remove the gate and the cover then close the doors

i put the feeder at the right side and they dusy bathe at the left side
smile.png
spoilt chickens

They are 9 weeks old!! I still see some baby feathers on their head so i guess they are still babies. When will they start laying eggs?

Last edited:
Its amazing how fast they grow. they should lay at 20-25 weeks with good nutrition

I give them purina grower feeds. Sometimes i give them green leaves but i no longer do it very often as they prefer the leaves than the feeds.

i actually want to go organic once they start laying eggs but i read some articles that feeds should still be their main diet as the feeds have the nutrional value they need. If in case i stop giving them feeds and give them just table scraps and grains, will that affect their weight, health, and egg production? since i don't have a very large backyard where they can free range, i guess i cannot totally go organic, huh?

I give them purina grower feeds. Sometimes i give them green leaves but i no longer do it very often as they prefer the leaves than the feeds.

i actually want to go organic once they start laying eggs but i read some articles that feeds should still be their main diet as the feeds have the nutrional value they need. If in case i stop giving them feeds and give them just table scraps and grains, will that affect their weight, health, and egg production? since i don't have a very large backyard where they can free range, i guess i cannot totally go organic, huh?
to be organic you need organic feeds. in the Philippines its hard to trust that its truly organic anyway.

you can ask DJade if they stock organic but I doubt it. You need non GMO ingredients grown without chemicals.

I would settle with hormone free, with no antibiotics in feed and let them out to find bugs in the backyard for an hour of chicken tv each day

My chicks are now 3 weeks and 2 days. My mixed breed chick has green left leg and yellow right leg. And I think hes a roo.

Btw,
My ducks are currently molting, any idea how to shorten the molting season for ducks?

My chicks are now 3 weeks and 2 days. My mixed breed chick has green left leg and yellow right leg. And I think hes a roo.

Btw,
My ducks are currently molting, any idea how to shorten the molting season for ducks?
when my birds are in a molt i give them cheep dry cat food

they love it & it helps them regrow their feathers faster

Back
Top Bottom