PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

I cant afford to buy dry cat food for my ducks.
layer mash is probably 15% protein. rice bran is 12.5%

so a 50:50 mix would be 13.75%

if you add 8kg of fishmeal (70% protein) you will bump to 18% which would be plenty to get feathers going

I buy fishmeal from DJade for 2450 a 50kg sack at a volume discount price. Thats close enough to 50p per kilo. The may offer it by the kil but at a higher price.

Soy costs me 40p per kg by the sack. Its 50% protein and you need 12kg for the same bump

layer mash is probably 15% protein. rice bran is 12.5%

so a 50:50 mix would be 13.75%

if you add 8kg of fishmeal (70% protein) you will bump to 18% which would be plenty to get feathers going

I buy fishmeal from DJade for 2450 a 50kg sack at a volume discount price. Thats close enough to 50p per kilo. The may offer it by the kil but at a higher price.

Soy costs me 40p per kg by the sack. Its 50% protein and you need 12kg for the same bump

Thanks for these info Oz, I will get fishmeal for them so their feathers will grow fast.

Every morning we also let them swim in a creek so they can have some small shells. They are fond of eating small shells.

Last edited:
I cant afford to buy dry cat food for my ducks.
here i can find some cheep brands that work for what i need them to do

it's probably nothing i would want to feed a cat that i thought anything of

but it's good enough for poultry once in a while when they need it

are you feeding your ducks mash?
no laying pellets along with whole corn in the cold months

in the warm weather they get fermented feed

but this time of the year it will freeze solid before they have a chance to consume much of it

Just got out of work. Need an hour sleep then in a few hours I will see my chicks.
big_smile.png
working the night shift is tough

I hope those Merkans were friendly to their call center girl

Back
Top Bottom