PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Another sad day. I went to Bataan for our company summer outing when my brother told me that Grant is dead. He said they heard he flopped his wings and crowed. The next thing they heard is his body falling onto the ground. They rushed to the coop and found him lying with his wings wide open. they picked him up immediately and blew some air through his beak and did a bit of a cpr but no good. we decided to butcher him and they didn't see anything wrong. it must be the very hot weather Or some sort of heart attack. for few days i hear him sneezing but he does not look ill. Rest in peace Grant. You will be missed.

Now i am worried with the girls because they are sneezing as well (with no signs of being ill). I just don't know what to do if i lose any of them. Matcha is consistently laying an egg everyday. I just got some of her eggs from the nesting box last night and left 1 egg in there.

Meanwhile, my brother is building a larger coop for the chicks so they aren't so crowded. It's halfway done.

Rainy season is almost here. Surely, the ground will be soaking wet (if not flooded) and stinky so i asked my brother to put bricks on the floor. It will be elevated so the water will go down to the drainage. The coop will have an elevated part where they can stay when the floor is wet. I know the chooks will not be happy if they can't dust bath so i will put medium size basins on each coop with some dirt on it so they can do their regular stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks oz and jimmy. It really broke my hear to see him in the pot. :(

my pullet did not lay today. She went inside the nest but after few minutes she went out Leaving no egg inside the box. Perhaps she couldn't concentrate due to carpentry..

Another sad day. I went to Bataan for our company summer outing when my brother told me that Grant is dead. He said they heard he flopped his wings and crowed. The next thing they heard is his body falling onto the ground. They rushed to the coop and found him lying with his wings wide open. they picked him up immediately and blew some air through his beak and did a bit of a cpr but no good. we decided to butcher him and they didn't see anything wrong. it must be the very hot weather Or some sort of heart attack. for few days i hear him sneezing but he does not look ill. Rest in peace Grant. You will be missed.

Now i am worried with the girls because they are sneezing as well (with no signs of being ill). I just don't know what to do if i lose any of them.

I would be too.

If one bird is dead after such a short period of sneezing, and your other birds are sneezing I would treat them all with an broad spectrum antibiotic ASAP that covers the common respiratory diseases in poultry, such as Tylan.

Thanks @Phage and @mickmeek. Even the chicks are sneezing so i better treat all of them. My hubby and i will go to Progressive Poulty tomorrow to buy their medicine and crushed oyster shells for the girls. I bet my BO Vanilla will lay anytime soon because her vent is very wide now. My bbso appears to be firmer.

Back
Top Bottom