PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Went to Progressive Poultry this morning to buy meds for the chooks. They do not sell erythromycin nor tylan. Talked to the vet and he gave the the following:

Also bought laying mash and oyster shell. I spent more than 1,500 pesos for the meds and feeds. Hope the chooks get well sooner than later.

Last edited:
Help! I saw Matcha, my laying hen, is pulling out some feathers from my other pullets' butt. she eats the feathers! I am concerned because this is the first time she has done this and i bet she will do it over and over again. My BBSO and BO have beautiful plumage and I don't want then to get bald.
I read that there are several reasons why they behave that way:
1. Lack of protein
2. Boredom
3. Stress
4. No rooster is around
5. lack of space
6. And many more

How can i identify which of the above mentioned factors is/are causing her to behave this way and how can i correct it?

Last edited:
Help! I saw Matcha, my laying hen, is pulling out some feathers from my other pullets' butt. she eats the feathers! I am concerned because this is the first time she has done this and i bet she will do it over and over again. My BBSO and BO have beautiful plumage and I don't want then to get bald.
I read that there are several reasons why they behave that way:
1. Lack of protein
2. Boredom
3. Stress
4. No rooster is around
5. and many more

How can i identify which of the above mentioned factors is/are causing her to behave this way and how can i correct it?
If she is eating the feathers it could well be protein deficiency, and I would start by supplementing her.
What do you feed her?
Also make sure they have space.

They have the widest space among the rest of the chooks. I am feeding her breeder pellets, plus layer mash, and mixed starter/grower feeds. i give them a handful of cracked corn every morning.

Back
Top Bottom