PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Chooks update

The Gang

Wow! Congrats @ozexpat. Cocopoultry is really selling well as always!

@mickmeek, sad to hear about your mom. Hope she gets better sooner than later. Your chooks are looking great! You should have a collection of colorful eggs soon. How old are the first batch? How many pullets?

I am having difficulty identifying the sex of my first 2 Ees. I suspect they are both roos. The last EE sent by oz is a pullet for sure.

Hi Toptom,

We have the following coming soon (more or less)

Belgian Chicken
Chukar Partridge
Albino Chukar Partridge
Hungarian Partridge
French Red Legged Partridge
Mandarin Duck
Silver Bahama Pintail Duck
California Valley Quail
Mountain Quail
Gamble Quail
Mexican Speckled Northern Bobwhite Quail
White Northern Bobwhite Quail
Snowflake Northern Bobwhite Quail
Reeves Pheasant
Ringneck Pheasant
Dark Throat Pheasant
Snowflake Pheasant
Peach Splash Pheasant

Approximate availability would be 4-6 months from now.

Thanks!

- A collaboration between Fil Serama and Victoria Bird Farm

You're located in Bulacan?
How much for the chukar?
Im sure Mandarin duck would be expnsive.
How bout a silver pheasant?

Hey everybody,

Hope everybody had a good week. Mine wasn't to bad. After 4 months and 1 week our boxes finally arrived from the US. Only two problems with them. One box was not a box I wanted right away. I wanted my box that had all my chicken stuff in it. I must have mismarked the boxes and did not send it with the first group. The second thing that went wrong was that only one box had damage. It was a box that I took great care in packing it. I used Styrofoam peanuts an bubble wrap. This box contained my wife's religious items. A large statue of Jesus was broken and a smaller statue of the Virgin Mary was broken along with some glass Christmas ornaments. From the looks of that box they must have thrown it around a lot because it was so light. My wife was not happy but, at least they can be replaced.

Now back to the poultry topic. The duck eggs I was incubating for a neighbor are hatching. Tomorrow is the day they are suppose to hatch. But two of them had other ideas about coming into the world. Those two pipped 4 days ago and hatched that night. The others are on schedule to hatch tomorrow. I checked just a few minutes ago and the others are starting to pip. We started with 19 eggs and at the first candleing we removed 10 eggs. One of the ones we left in the incubator was a double yolk. I didn't think it would hatch but, the neighbor wanted to try it. I removed it 5 days ago. That left 8 eggs, and at present it looks like all of them might make it.

The incubating of eggs is a business I made for my wife. I do all the work and she gets the money.
sad.png
So far she has made enough to buy a new pair of blue jeans and she is happy. And as long as Mama is happy the rest of the family is happy.

Hope everybody has a great weekend.

Jimmy

Hey everybody,

Hope everybody had a good week. Mine wasn't to bad. After 4 months and 1 week our boxes finally arrived from the US. Only two problems with them. One box was not a box I wanted right away. I wanted my box that had all my chicken stuff in it. I must have mismarked the boxes and did not send it with the first group. The second thing that went wrong was that only one box had damage. It was a box that I took great care in packing it. I used Styrofoam peanuts an bubble wrap. This box contained my wife's religious items. A large statue of Jesus was broken and a smaller statue of the Virgin Mary was broken along with some glass Christmas ornaments. From the looks of that box they must have thrown it around a lot because it was so light. My wife was not happy but, at least they can be replaced.

Now back to the poultry topic. The duck eggs I was incubating for a neighbor are hatching. Tomorrow is the day they are suppose to hatch. But two of them had other ideas about coming into the world. Those two pipped 4 days ago and hatched that night. The others are on schedule to hatch tomorrow. I checked just a few minutes ago and the others are starting to pip. We started with 19 eggs and at the first candleing we removed 10 eggs. One of the ones we left in the incubator was a double yolk. I didn't think it would hatch but, the neighbor wanted to try it. I removed it 5 days ago. That left 8 eggs, and at present it looks like all of them might make it.

The incubating of eggs is a business I made for my wife. I do all the work and she gets the money.
sad.png
So far she has made enough to buy a new pair of blue jeans and she is happy. And as long as Mama is happy the rest of the family is happy.

Hope everybody has a great weekend.

Jimmy

Thanks for sharing!
What breed of duck are you incubating?

Back
Top Bottom